♚27. POSSESSIVE

"So this is life

"So this is life. Love. We spend all this time reaching for each other and mostly we end up hurting each other until it's over." ―  Amy McNamara, Lovely, Dark and Deep

L e x i sB l a d e
(A notable treat for you guys)

    ALPHA'S ARE NEVER supposed to back down. No matter how big the obstacle, an Alpha must be solicitous towards his pack. It was just how it was...

    I walked out of my training session with the other warriors. Some warriors who had finished training with me were oozing with loyalty...or fear. My strongest, notorious, and most competent warriors were in fear of me.

Everyone was in a way.

It was so mixed that I wasn't sure whether it was allegiance or consternation.

It was absurd how something I was accused of long ago affected how my own pack saw me.

    The only person who saw me indifferently was my mate. Jordyn did not see me any different because she has never seen any other side to me. Still, she craved to know about my past. What she does not know is my past is a huge misunderstanding. I created something so surreal. Correction, I was accused of creating something so surreal.

    People like to paint a bad picture around things they don't understand.

"Alpha, does the rest of the pack know about the war?" One of my warriors questions me in worry.

    I had released information regarding the union's permission for pack 156 to take us to war to my warriors only. The pack wasn't ready to hear this kind of information. Jordyn's coronation was tomorrow, and everyone's attention has pretty much been focused on that. I couldn't bring such detrimental news to their ears right now.

"No, it's not the right time. My job isn't just to rule. It's to protect as well." I respond keeping my eyes ahead of me.

"But you have to tell them soon. It won't be long before pack 156's warriors send out their hearing and official date of the battle." Another warrior of mine pushes causing a low growl to escape my lips.

I stop walking before peering my head over to him. I narrow my eyes in both amusement and challenge. "Are you being directive with me?"

The warrior's face grows pale before shaking his head in dismay. "N-No Alpha. I wasn't-"

"Good." I cut him off while continuing my walk.

    Out of all the worries in my head, my main worry was Jordyn. I knew how easy it was for the innocent to get mixed up with the evil of war. I knew how vain and cold Alistor was. I knew that the fate of Jordyn was on his mind.

I made a promise to my mate and I intend to keep it.

And deep in my heart, I knew it would not be effortless...