♚38. HUNTED

"We know what we are, but not what we may be

"We know what we are, but not what we may be." ~William Shakespeare

J o r d y n T a m e

  WHEN THE INFORMATION diffused about the union officials who have entered the island, one could say the whole beach house was on to a system of mayhem.

   Councilwoman Tarah did her best to subside the tensions arising in the atmosphere, but the damage had already been done.

  We would meet up in Danger's security room every few minutes to discuss any resolutions to the issue, but with the distressed energy around us, it was indeed hard to think.

"We must prepare for lockdown." Councilwoman Tarah says. "We must..."

Her voice drifted off and became inaudible as I pondered in my own thoughts. I rested my head on Danger's operative table as my mind began to foster times of the past.

"We're a team," I whisper. "I know you are used to doing everything individually, but I want you to know that I am perfectly capable of assisting you. You need to stop trying to protect me from your world."

Lexis sighs before tightening his grip on my hips. "I don't think you understand why I feel it is my responsibility to shield you from the impurities of this world. I'm not just your Alpha, mate, and lover. Jordyn, I'm the one who will make sure to be your strength when you have none. I'm the one who will love you even when you can't seem to love yourself. I will be your sacrifice if I have to. I will die on any battlefield for you. I will lay my life down."

"Jordyn?" Councilwoman Tarah's voice rang dramatically waking me up from my little dream. The flashes from the previously done and said vanished from my thoughts and there I remembered where I was.

  I was still in the beach house with about a hundred members who were in great danger, the love of my life was miles and miles away fighting for me, and I still had to find a way to pull through and to save my people.

"What has gotten into that mind of yours, Alpha female? You must have forgotten who you are, huh? Your people need you right now and you're day dreaming?" She chastised me.

   I shut my eyes trying my best not to let the perennial obstacles of the world hinder me from thinking clearly. I let out a shaky breath before opening my eyes.

"Sorry," I told her genuinely. "I'm sorry."

Councilwoman Tarah's intense eyes softened before she walked closer to me. "It's not easy being a leader. You have to learn to sacrifice so much for the risk of the majority. Sometimes that means your happiness. It's just how things work and you're going to have to accept that if you are going to be successful at what you do."