♚25. HOPE

"Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free

"Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free." ~ Eckhart Tolle

J o r d y n T a m e

I WAS REVOLTED. I could feel my stomach tighten and the anxiety in me surfacing. How was this possible? How could Talia be here? How was she even eligible for the human facility?

Talia makes eye contact with me by far before looking another direction. A weird energy was traveling through me as I tried my best to contain myself. I watch as the group of four students makes their way towards the council.

"Welcome to the Ambersky Raven pack! Or also known as pack 101." Councilwoman Tarah says greeting the newcomers.

I bit my tongue feeling the urge to speak take over my body. I was afraid anything I said would be too vulgar and explicit, words filled with shade to throw at Talia.

A blonde haired girl smiles before shaking councilwoman Tarah's hand. After came a boy with freckles and brown hair, then the guy with raven hair and grey eyes, and finally Talia.

"I'm Tori," She starts off before pointing to the group of three next to her. "This is Joshua, Rubin, and Talia."

I bit my tongue harder. The boldness in me wanted to escape, and I was not about to let that happen. I was going to be the Alpha female of pack 101. I had to be proficient. I was once told by my father, a person with a great character is a person that can smile even at those who have done them wrong.

"This is the soon to be Alpha female Jordyn Tame." Councilwoman Tarah announces.

I parted my mouth in bewilderment as the group of four bowed their heads at me as if I was some sort of monarch. My eyes flickered at Talia who was showing her respect. I watch as they lift their heads back up with admiring eyes...except for Talia's. Her eyes held something else. I didn't know whether it was amusement or darkness.

Councilwoman Tarah began a speech and the other council members hummed in agreement as she talked to the new students. I couldn't even focus. I kept glaring at Talia even though she seemed too in tuned with Councilwoman Tarah's speech. I wanted her to feel the repercussion of her cynical behavior.

My breathing was now harder and the anxiety swirling within me was tempting me. I was closed off from the world...not believing that this was real. That this was really happening.

Suddenly I felt myself fall back immediately being saved by the council member nearest to me. Those around me gasped in shock, and out of all of them I only could really see Talia's eyes. That look. That look she gave me hardened me in a way. It made me realize how much she still affected me.

She still affected me even though I grew bolder and I'm no longer as naive as I used to be. I just had one question though...why?

"Jordyn, are you okay?" One of the council members ask.