♚44. LUST (Part II)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace

   "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." —Jimi Hendrix

J o r d y n T a m e

"L-Lexis?"

MY BREATHING INTENSIFIED as the dark grey wolf continued to watch me with solid eyes. Other wolves began to become visible amongst the midst as they marched in a prowl near their Alpha.

The fortuneteller, still concerned, nods her head at me as if signaling for me to engage.

Yet before I could, bones cracking and deep groans hit my ears as the wolf of Lexis began to shift along with the other wolves who were aligned with him.

My mouth parts in shock, and my heart speeds its rhythmic beating as my mate's pale torso flexed as he got up from his knees. A little disoriented from shifting back into his human form, he watched me with glazed eyes and his lips slightly parted as well.

  His jeans were torn but his torso remained bare.

    His warriors, now also in human form, were observing us with perplexed expressions.

"Oh. My. Moon. Goddess..." I could hear the fortuneteller gawk from behind me.

   The atmosphere around us was consumed and corrupt with the lingering emotions in which Lexis and I behold.

   My mind traveled quickly, reminiscing the past. The same flashes that adhered to my mind when I fell into the cold, bitter waters of the west circled back.

   I just stood and stared at my mate for I didn't know if I should hug, kiss, or simple cry in his arms.

   But soon, the tension was too much and I couldn't bare it any longer.

"L-L-Lexis...." I whispered before I found myself running to him as fast as my legs would allow.

   The moment my body meshed with his, it ignited something that I used to always feel in his presence. That same feeling...that same safe feeling was back again.

   He carried me, his strong arms wrapping my legs around his torso and holding me tight. I could feel his rapid breathing, his warm chest against me, and tears began to fill my eyes.

"I'm here, baby..." he whispered into my ear.

   I wondered when I would wake up. I wondered if this was just a dream, and I was still bound to that tree Rhona detained me with, or was I still in the ocean, my body floating unconscious amongst the shore?

It was real.

This was all real.

   I don't know how long we stayed in that position with the intrigued eyes of everyone around, but I did know it was for a while.