8. Nightmares

Author's POV

Shin ju was in his clinic treating a cute little patient.

''So ? Why ?'' He was talking to the dog.

''She has entrities right ?'' The dog owner asked

''Did you have tteobokki yesterday ?''
''What ? Yes.''
''She ate the leftovers.''
''But that was level five spicy. Kong-iya !'' The owner worriedly spoke.
''I'll prescribe a laxative. Starve her today. Give her only water and medicine. No snacks either obviously.''
''Can you tell what she ate just by looking at her ?'' The owner asked surprised by Shin ju's talent.
''I speak their language.''

At the snail bride restaurant,

''I dont mean to be rude but---''
''No rude questions. Especially something that involves my privacy.'' Yeon interrupts Ji ah.
''Okay, i'll change the question.''
''There are other foxes in the world addition to you right ? Do they all look like people ?'' Ji ah was very curious.
''They live in this city, they worry about real estate and economic crises.''
''Then tell me about shin don. Is it true that the monk of goryeo dynasty was a fox ?'' Ji ah asked walking to the reception counter with yeon.
Lee yeon just nods.
''Are there other creatures too ?''
''Ofcourse. And they mostly live where humans would never guess.'' Lee yeon said looking at the snail bride while she gave a slight smile.
''How was todays meal ?'' The snail bride asked.
''Not bad.''

At the office,

Sae rom, Jae hwan & Do hwa walk towards y/n's desk.

''Y/n, have you eaten ?'' Jae hwan asked.
''No, not yet. What about you guys ?''
''We are on our way to get lunch. Come with us.'' Sae rom said.
''No, its alright. I don't have an appetite. You guys should go.''
''Cmon y/n. You know how persistent we are.''
''Okay fine. Let's go.'' She said giving a slight smile.

They were about to leave the room when Sae rom gets a call and she goes pale.

''What is it ?'' Asked Jae hwan.
''My mom..... Passed away.''

Yeon and Ji ah were walking down the street.

''Okay. This is where we part ways. I hope that we never meet again.'' Lee yeon said.
''What ? You're just leaving me with the fact that my parents are alive somewhere ?''
''Firstly, im a busy man. Secondly, we may currently be living in the same world but there's a big difference in where we came from.''
''I know that but... Okay one last question.''
''What ?''

''You've met y/n right ? Why is your brother after her. Im not asking this to you because you're his brother. I genuinely want to know. I'm worried about him being with y/n. She's my friend you see.''
''You should be worried but not because he will harm her.''
''What do you mean ?''
''Those who got a peek at our world ended up going crazy or dying young. Conclusion is she has no harm from him but staying or getting involved with him surely will. The same goes for you.''
''I dont care & I won't come in your way. Just don't disappear.'' Ji ah says holding onto yeon.