62. Im begging you

Author's POV

''Thank you for staying with Ji ah. I just didnt wanted to take any chances. I'm grateful you came.'' Yeon thanked Hyeonuiong as they stood face to face.
''It's alright. What's your plan ?'' He asked.
''We're going to join hands with the Imoogi.''
''What ?'' Shin ju questioned doubting if he heard right.
''What do you mean ?'' Ji ah further asked.

''Granny gave me a chance to fight one more time. I went to meet her last night to discuss what to do.''
''You went alone ?'' Ji ah asked.
''Yeah. Rang was conflicted since he didn't wanted to leave y/n alone after whatever happened that night but he also wanted to talk to Granny. So I went to meet her by myself in the end.''
''And, what happened ?'' Shin ju asked curious.

''It was a hectic discussion.''

Flashback,

Yeon enters the room continuously declining the call and texts that were buzzing from his phone.
''Take a seat.'' Granny spoke in a calm voice yet Yeon could make out the anxiousness in her voice.
''Let's get started already.'' Yeon retorted still standing, hands on his hips as he tiredly looked at the lady.
''It'll be a long discussion.'' Granny advised Yeon to just do as she says without getting into an argument already. Yeon does so, cause who can disobey granny ?

''As soon as the others learned that y/n had the other part of the Imoogi, the only plan they had to 'save the world' was changing her death date to the present. They approached me for the same reason but I straightaway declined.''
''Im sure you did much more than just decline. Your golden insults have been quite the talk among spirits.'' Yeon said trying to hold his smirk that still creeped on his face even after trying so hard to control it.

''Anyways, I managed to hold the discussion for the time being and have borrowed some time. I dont know if it'll be enough to do what we want but its all we have.'' Granny spoke as she carefully removed her spectacles placing them on her vintage wooden desk while Yeon tried to focus on what she was saying, simultaneously dodging calls from Rang.
''Yah, do something about the person who's calling you continuously.'' Even granny was irritated at this point.

''What is it ?!'' Yeon almost yelled as he finally received the call.
''If you're so curious you should have come with me.'' He added trying to get his cool back.
''Stop yelling, you'll wake y/n up. I just wanted to know whats going on.'' Rang spoke in a whispery tone from the other end.
''You know what, talk directly to her.'' Yeon turned on face time as he placed the phone in front of Granny's face.

''What do you want me to talk to him about ?'' Granny spoke, her brows knitted in irritation.
For solid two minutes none of the two uttered a word, granny wouldn't even look at the phone.

''If none of you want to say anything i'll hang up.'' Yeon said tiredly.
''Thank you.'' Rang finally uttered.
''What ?'' Granny asked finally looking at the screen.
''Thank you for saving y/n. You might not believe me but I really love y/n. I love her more than anything in the world.
I know you think im a good for nothing jerk who's not worthy of her, and honestly, I somewhere agree to it. But what can I do, I am also selfish. Selfish for her love, for her.
And if this selfishness makes you believe in me, that I would do anything to save her for myself, than id happily accept it.
I want to save her, Granny. I know you dont do anything without getting something in return. Im ready to give up my life if that's what you want. I'll stay away from her, I will go somewhere far away so she never gets intertwined with my miserable fate, i'll do anything in order to protect her.
Im begging you, please help me.''