46. Lean on me

'Whenever you fall
I want you to know
That I will stay in here...

Wherever you go
I'll never let go
That I will stay in here...'

Author's POV

Rang threw the body a.k.a Soo ho's step dad, with a loud thud on the floor of Hae Ryeong's living room.

''What's that ?'' He asked coming downstairs.
''What else ? A fresh human.'' Rang replied non chalant as ever.
''Who's he ?''
''None of your concern. Turn him into a ground cherry for emergency food.''
''Much obliged.''

Rang looked around only to realise that the ground cherry plant is no longer where it was. Hae Ryeong must have probably hidden it somewhere.

''Do you want to watch ?'' Hae Ryeong asked.
''Are you allowed to show me ?'' Rang mocked.
''There's nothing to hide between us.'' Hae Ryeong pulled out a seed from his pocket.

''It looks like an ordinary seed, doesnt it ? It traps the body and soul, so I call it a latch for the body & soul

''It looks like an ordinary seed, doesnt it ? It traps the body and soul, so I call it a latch for the body & soul. Only Imoogi can create it.''

Hae Ryeong crouches down and puts the seed in the man's mouth as he stood back to see the show. The body evaporated in grey smoke and accumulated forming the ground cherry fruit.

He picks it up and inhales it adding some more years to his life.

''What an evil soul. He was in and out of prison... Did you save a little kid ?''

''I need atleast one good deed to defend myself with when I enter the after life.'' Rang reasoned.

''Anyways, are you sure you can spare so much time ? Our deal expires in 24 hours.'' Hae Ryeong reminded Rang.

''It may very well be my last living day, so what's it to you whether or not I let it go to waste

''It may very well be my last living day, so what's it to you whether or not I let it go to waste.'' Rang spat.
''You'll just throw your life away ? For the brother you loathe ?'' Hae Ryeong tried adding more wood to the fire.

''You must not know but Yeon met with Imoogi today. The imoogi let your brother know of our three hostages. Ji ah, her parents and you. Where do you think he is right now ? Has he even called you in concern ? You've been abandoned once again.'' Hae Ryeong provoked Rang.