9. Consequences

Author's POV

Y/n went pale and a chill ran down her spine. The air in the funeral hall suddenly went cold. She almost freezed for some seconds. The spirit got up and started walking towards y/n while singing a song. It was a lullaby. Y/n, still trembling of what she's seeing takes some steps behind. As soon as she gets a hold of herself she starts running towards the exit door but it wont budge.

She started banging the door yelling for help but there was not even a single person around. The spirit was getting closer to her. Y/n runs towards the staircase and hides herself in a closet. She tries her best not to make any noise by pressing both her hands on to her mouth. She was so scared she was shivering after what she'd seen.

Y/n tried hard not to scream. She could hear the ghost singing the lullaby and the sound got louder which meant that the spirit was nearby. The singing got louder and louder. It was so loud that y/n thought the ghost was right infront of the closet. Y/n couldn't bear the sound anymore and so she covers her ears with both her hands. Suddenly the singing stopped. But at this point y/n was terrified.

Suddenly the door to the closet opened wide with a creaking sound. Y/n closed her eyes shut cause she thought she'd been found by the spirit. But she was suddenly pulled into an unexpected embrace. She opens her eyes to see who it is. It was Lee rang. When she saw it was him she couldn't hold back her tears and she hugged him back. They stayed like that for a few minutes.

Lee rang POV

We came back from the funeral hall. I was still thinking about y/n. For some reason I feel that her father's death is not what it seems like.

''Lee rang-nim, are you sad because of y/n-ssi ?''
''Oh, no. Im not sad. Im just...... Thinking.''
''Why to think ? Just do what you always do. Go to her and tell her that she's your first love and that you want to get back with her. Simple. You've always done things so spontaneously what happened now ?''

I chuckled. She indeed thinks like me.

''Ani Yuri-ya. I cant force y/n. I myself am in extreme haste but im trying to keep things to her pace.''
''You love her a lot, dont you ?'' Yuri asked with a dreamy gaze.
''How can one not.''
''Oh my god. I never knew you were such a hopeless romantic. Its kinda cute to see you this way.'' Yuri said pulling me out of y/n's thoughts again.
''Enough then, go to sleep. We have lots to do tomorrow.'' I say getting up from the couch.
''Where are you going ?''
''For a stroll.''

I parked my car and was just walking down the street when a man walking past me says something which stops me in my tracks.

''You shouldn't have met her.''

I stop and turn around.

''What ?'' He isn't a human. But who is he ?

''That girl. You should have left her on her own. But then again it was fate which brought you two together again.''
''What do you mean ?''
''The consequences have started. She might need some help right now. I wonder if you'll reach in time.''

Y/n. Y/n ! She needs me. I got inside my car and drove as fast as I could to the funeral hall. Who was that man ? Just what in the world was he saying ? Is y/n in danger ? All sorts of thoughts crossed my mind.

I reached the hall. The lights were off and it was really dark inside. Im already getting a bad vibe. I hope y/n is safe. I sprint inside and look around for her but she was nowhere to be seen. Wait a second, who's singing the lullaby ? Dont tell me there's a free spirit roaming here. Why wont the grim reapers do their job properly ?! This is so careless of them. I walk towards the sound of the song and see the spirit. It wasn't a normal one. It was a grudge spirit. They kill people rather than the normal spirits who just haunt humans.