14. Dont trust Yeon

Author's POV

Lee rang was deep in the forest. He walked towards a well that was infront of him. The well was closed, covered by some colourless striped ribbons which looked like the well was closed with the help of rituals and procedures. But why would someone do that ? What was inside it ? Lee rang observed the well amusingly.

''Are you lee rang ? I've been waiting.'' A lady said. She wore white clothes. She was the same shaman who was preforming a ritual for Pyung hee's father. So it was lee rang's doing all along. He planned it.

''Is that really asleep in here ?'' Rang asked really curious.
''Yes. The spirit of immortality. The king of corrupt. Lee ryeong.''
''Oh my goodness. That was so cringey. Adding a title from the afterlife infront of their name doesn't change who they were.''
''He died facing against yeon, right ? Along with that human woman.'' Rang asked.

''Prior to entering the wench's body, he entrusted our family of shamans a portion of his body

''Prior to entering the wench's body, he entrusted our family of shamans a portion of his body.'' The shaman lady said proudly.
''I guess he never goes all in. He's the opposite of me. Anyway are you ready ?''
''A woman born in the year of sheep. A living sacrifice. And..''
''Leave yeon to me. Go to the cemetery and pick some evening prim roses that grew on the flesh and blood of corpses.'' Rang instructed the lady coolly and starts walking away.

''Let me ask you something.''

Rang stops and turns around.

''Are you not brothers with lee yeon ?'' The shaman asks.
''We are brothers. Half-brothers to be exact.''
''If he awakes, lee yeon will not survive.''
''So ?''
''Why are you aiding your brothers enemy ?''
''Did you see yeon while he was a mountain spirit ?''
''I heard only about him through rumours.''

''What was the rumor ?''
''That he was the most merciless of the four mountain spirits that ruled the land. No one could dare exploit his woods, and thus the Baekdudaegan mountain range was always lush.''
''My brother was a mountain spirit in name only. He had no sense of altruism. But you know, even when we shared an apple, he always gave me the bigger half. I still remember how sweet that apple tasted.''
''Then why...''
''He used that tender hand with which he sliced the apple, to slice my stomach.'' Lee rang said showing the scar on his body.

'' Lee rang said showing the scar on his body