18. The vanishing effect

Y/n POV

''They vanished ? Right. 22 homes ? All 41 villagers ? Got it. I'll send some backup. So call me if you find anyone dead or injured.'' Detective baek spoke. We had to inform him about what was happening here. Its too much for us to look into alone.

I and Ji ah were talking about what to do next when we saw Yeon staring at a distance.

''What is it ?''
''That. Since when have those been there ?'' Yeon asked pointed downwards as we were standing atop a hill.

 Since when have those been there ?'' Yeon asked pointed downwards as we were standing atop a hill

We walked down and... This island doesn't fail to surprise me. Bamboo sticks were lined parallel to each other. White ribbon like clothes were tied on the upper ends of the bamboo sticks. There were dead birds on the ground.

The things happening cannot be explained logically.

''They say that bamboo can call spirits. Is is true ?'' Ji ah spoke making me turn towards her.
''They're hollow. Make them the perfect guesthouse for lost spirits.'' Yeon said. He's probably the one who knows about all this the most than me and Ji ah.

''Doesn't it look like someone formed some sort of path ?'' I said looking at the other two.
''The dragon king.'' Yeon says.
''It is the path greeting for the dragon king, right ?''
''How'd you know y/n ?'' Ji ah asks.
''It was in your show. Remember we watched that episode together cause you were so excited to tell me about the behind the scenes ?''
''Oh yeah, I do.'' Ji ah recalls.

''You're right y/n. It is the path greeting for the dragon king but the direction is off.'' Yeon says.
''Now that you mention it, the direction is southwest.'' Ji ah points out.
''Gwimunbang*.'' Yeon says.

*Gwimunbang : The bearing that let's those evil in and out.

''So this door wasn't set up to welcome the real dragon king.'' I conclude.

Author's POV

At the Afterlife Immigration Office,

''Im hyeonuiong of the Afterlife Immigration Office. How's king hades ?''

 How's king hades ?''