#13

He brushed his hair with his fingers and put his head down on the table and the cascade of tears followed.

He realized how mean he was to you. He didn't even hear your side of the story. He just blamed you without even thinking about your sentiments. He didn't trust you. He broke your heart.

He wanted to apologize now that he read what his mother left for him. But, you didn't even share the room with him now. The only time he can see you is when you come to serve him food. You don't come to his cabin as well. You are punishing him silently.

Later That Night:

He was sitting in his room with some documents after having dinner.

He asked Yuna to tell you that he wants some coffee as he's working on something.

15 Minutes later, you entered his room with a cup of coffee and some snacks.

You were about to place the tray on the bedside table but it was occupied by a pile of files.

"Your coffee." You were placing it on the bed when he moved his hand which crashed with yours making the coffee spill on your hand.

You hissed in pain and a tear made its way out of your eyes. He widened his eyes and was about to grab your hand but you were quick enough to walk out of his room.

You went to the kitchen and applied some ice on the burnt area after washing it with chilled water.

It was hurting so bad that your tears never stopped. Taehyung followed you with a first aid box.

Grabbing your other hand, he took you to the living room. Making you sit, he applied ointment on your wound.

You again hissed in pain and more tears made their way out of your eyes.

He looked at your eyes which showed nothing but just pain and resentment. The one who hurt you is now treating you as well! Ironic!

"Is it hurting a lot?" He asked sitting beside you. You stood up to leave but he pulled you back to your place.

"Let me go." You said shortly.

"I can't. I want to apologize. I'm sorry. I know I said mean things to you which I shouldn't have." He said caressing your hand.

"Realised very soon." You asserted sarcastically.

"It must have been so hard for you. I'm sorry I wasn't there. I'm sorry that I blamed you. You were never at fault. I was just out of my mind." He told and looked down.

"You know what you hurt me more than this coffee. You didn't even listen to me once. You said I killed your mother. Do you even realize what impact those words had on me? You're so selfish Taehyung! I also lost my mom, at a very young age. And this time, I lost her again. Do you know how hard it was for me? You just argued with me and-" Your words stopped when he placed his lips on yours. You were startled by his action.

You were pushing him but it was all futile. You stopped pushing him when his tears made contact with your cheeks. He was crying.

He pulled back from the kiss and instead hugged you. You were frozen in your place.

"Y/n, I'm very sorry. I should have been understanding. I was just not able to comprehend anything. I was still in grief because of mom. I read mom's letter and she told how she loved you. That's when I realized I hurt you so badly. It was never intentional." He cried making your heart melt.

You knew how losing your mother is so traumatic and upsetting. Moms are so precious! You were relieved now that he knew his mistakes and apologized.

"Stop crying like a toddler." You said wiping your tears first.

"You are forgiving me, right?" He asked releasing the hug.

"When did I say that?" You questioned.

"Yah, don't be so harsh on your husband." He murmured.

"Husband? You're my boss, Mr. Kim." You reminded him of the professional relationship.

"Cut it! No! I'm your husband too." He whined.

"Fine, leave this. Just come back to our room. I miss you." He said with a pout.

"I'll think about it." You replied and were about to get up to leave, but he stopped you again. You sighed in annoyance.

"What now?" You asked madly.

"At least be my secretary again. I don't like Jungkook doing your tasks." He requested.

"Alright. Now, good night." You said and returned to Yuna's room.

Sliding inside your blanket, you giggled remembering his pout. You already decided to patch up but you found it fun teasing him.

He deserved it! Right?

TIME SKIP

You began to work as his secretary again. He'd try his best to keep you with him all the time. He'd ask you to shift back to his room again but you denied each time he'd ask you.

"Oh, Y/n! You're engaged?" Se Ri exclaimed looking at your ring. You widened your eyes.

"Ah- I just wore it because I liked the design." You told while laughing nervously.

"Huh? But the diamonds engraved in it seem to be real." She said leaning down near your hand and having a closer look.

"Haha! Even I thought that. They make fake stones look so real." You protested pulling your hand back into your pockets and she nodded in suspicion.

You stomped back to Taehyung's cabin. He was doing something with his phone.

"Taehyung, I'm thinking to remove this wedding ring." You told and he looked at you blankly.

"What? No way! You can't! I don't want any random guy hitting on you." He explained making you roll your eyes.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes in front of me." He scolded.

"Yah! Se Ri saw the ring just now. She was suspicious that I'm engaged to someone." You told flying your hands in the air.

"You could've made an excuse like it's fake or something." He said.

"I made the same excuse but she was still suspicious. What if she finds out?" You sighed and sat down.

"How'd she? And even if she does, she won't know you're married to me!" He replied and took a seat beside you.

"But-"

"Relax! I forgot to tell you, we've got a business trip next week." He said stroking your hand. You jerked his hand away and he glared at you.

"Not at the office at least." You mouthed him.

"We're going to London. Since we don't have too much work, it's gonna be our honeymoon as well." He whispered in your ear.

TO BE CONTINUED...