Chapter VI

Author Pov

It has been exactly one week since Y/n came there, she wasn't allowed to leave, it made her upset but she didn't want to get killed, so she stayed inside, admiring the forest from the windows.
Once again she was sitting in the living room, looking out of the window. Wooyoung has stopped talking to her for some days now, she wants to know why but eveytime she'd try to talk to him he would walk away or ignore her. It hurt him more than it hurt her, it was obvious.
The guys went out today, searching for something to regain their strength.
She took that opportunity to look around the house more, it would either be Hongjoong or Seonghwa to push her away from some rooms.

She walked around the huge house, coming across some rooms. Continuing to walk around the house, coming to the staircase, before she could even make her way upstairs, something tapped her shoulder. She quickly turned around but no one was there... „hello?...is someone here?.." No response... „if any of you guys are playing games on me then please stop...it's not funny" Y/n said out loud into nothing, expecting one of them to step out of a room. She was about to walk around again, searching for someone that could be in here until she heard a loud bam, something got knocked over in the living room.. „god no" Y/n blurted out and ran upstairs to her and Mingi's shared room. She locked the door and window, sitting in a corner.

It's been a few minutes since that noise and that tap on her shoulder, she was still seated in the corner, it was a kind of safe space for her at that moment. Silence was filling the house, but it soon stopped. Knock knock knock.. someone knocked at the door of her room. She didn't stand up, she waited until that someone would speak up, but nothing came. Only silence.
Knock knock knock.. there it was again, she stood up and made her way to the door, she didn't unlock it, not yet. „Who's there?" She asked carefully, not trying to seem scared to the person on the other side. „My name is Jongho, we didn't talk yet. I live here too." He introduced himself in a calm tone, waiting for her to possibly open the door so he can talk to her face to face. „Why are you only talking to me now?..I've been here for almost a week" She could hear jongho sigh from the other side of the door. „Can you please open the door and come downstairs with me, so we can talk face to face?" He asked again very calm. Y/n opened the door and there was no one Infront of her, rethinking what he just said, he must be downstairs. As she made her way downstairs, the front door opened, revealing 7 bloody faced guys.

„Ah! Y/n hey!" San smiled creepily at her, she blinked a few times before saying something. „Hey.." She quickly made her way to the living room, there was Jongho, sitting on the sofa waiting for her. She sat down next to him and looked at him, admiring his facial features and his clothing style. He is fully covered up, wearing a black suit with red highlights. Jongho noticed her staring at his outfit and chuckled, he snapped a finger Infront of her face so she could snap out of her thoughts.
Y/n looked into his face, it was perfect.. she thought and received another chuckle from Jongho, catching a slight tint of pink on his cheeks. „Thanks for the compliment sweetheart, i wanted to apologize for not talking earlier with you. I was kind of afraid you'd run away from us if I do talk to you." He kept looking into her eyes, that's something none of the others did before, they would either look away some time or not look at all.

„You don't have to apologize for it, but Uhm...why were you afraid I'd run away?" She was genuinely confused, she already knew about thier „secret", she saw her friends die and get killed by her now ‚new friends'. She didn't have anyone else so where would she run to?
„People tend to find me scary and intimidating, because I have a serious aura. And we have San..he always scares the ones away I or the others try to talk to" He talked in a calming but worried voice, still scared she might push him away. "I won't run away because of that.You seem like a nice guy and I can tell you're different from San. You seem more kind than he does." Jongho laughed out loud now, his smile is adorable. Jongho blushed again, scratching his neck. „why are you blushing?" Y/n asked with a little smile plastered over her face, Jongho looked back into her eyes. „Because of your compliments, I'm not used to getting them"

compliments? How- oh" For a brief moment she forgot that they could read her mind anytime. Y/n looked down in embarrassment, she didn't look at the floor for long as Jongho gently grabbed her chin for her to look at him.
A very obvious red tint made thier way to Y/n's cheeks, making Jongho smile.

Jongho Pov.
That smile...it makes my heart pound. I've never felt this...this feeling? Everytime I have the chance to look at her I get warm, the way her eyes shine in the sun light beaming through the windows, the way her smile can make anyones day better... god she truly is perfect... Her lips, they have a soft rosy tint, they look so..perfect.

Without realizing it, I moved closer to her. I could only see her flustered face as I moved towards her, she didn't move back which gave me a sign to continue. As I was about to meet her lips with mine Someone aggressively pushed me away. I landed on the floor, looking up I met eyes with an angry looking San. Great.
I stood up again. „What was that for!?" I yelled at him, San's eyes widen in amusement, letting out a laugh as he came to stand Infront of me.
„You won't get to kiss her little brother, give up your dream of finding love. Come on, it's not worth it." I was furious, I was about to punch his face when Seonghwa held me back.
„Let me go so I can punch his goddamn face!" Nothing could hold me back to punch his face, the sinister smile on it said it all. Seonghwa eventually let me go, expecting me to not punch him. It was the wrong decision.

I launched at San, punching his face. Not too long Into the fight I was thrown against a wall. I groaned and stood up again. Seonghwa took Y/n and made her leave the room. Which was good this way, seonghwa knew that San and me would end up having an argument again.

Author Pov.
Seonghwa dragged Y/n out of the living room. He closed the door and looked at Y/n. "Please don't go in there for now" Seonghwa said and Y/n just nod, she still can't get over Jongho and her almost kissing, she knew it was weird, they just met but why didn't she move away? She was in what felt like a trance. Her thoughts were interrupted when Jongho started yelling.
„Why can't you ever let me be happy? Everytime I have a tiny bit of interest in a person you make them leave, run away or you kill them!?" Jongho yelled at San, he was clearly pissed off. Jongho never had his first love, his true first love..
„You know exactly why I'm doing this Jongho." Jongho laughed in frustration. „You're doing this because YOU can't find happiness. San what the hell is wrong with you" San shook his head and put both his hands on his little brothers shoulders. „Jongho...you know I'm not doing this because I can't find happiness. You always forget that your little outbreaks destroy your chances.
You can't find love, you remember what happened with your little friend when you were a kid? Aera was her name right?"
y/n listened closely to thier conversation, The rest of the boys weren't surprised by her listening. They would hear this conversation Everytime Jongho would have found interest.

Which only happened 5 times in the past decades.Aera?...what does he mean with outburst? Y/n thought again, continuing to listen to thier conversation. „Im trying to forget." Jongho stated, he sounded deeply upset.. „Jongho, Aera died because of you, because you couldn't hold yourself together. You murdered an innocent village girl" Jongho formed his hands into fists "IT WAS A MISTAKE!" he shouted at his older brother, San only chuckled again.
"Of course it was a mistake, Aera was human,You're  a vampire. You was hungry and attacked Aera, you didn't let her live Jongho. That could happen to you and that little girl too, you might end up murdering her"

San had a creepy smile on his face again. He wasn't trying to protect him, he was trying to get The girl all for himself, even tho he knew messed up, the first time they met. Jongho pushed San away. "I won't hurt her, stop getting into my business San. I can handle stuff on my own for fucksake I'm 120 years old! I know everything by now!" Jongho stormed out of the living room, he had teary eyes. He was met with a worried looking Y/n outside the room, she made her way towards him but he didn't move an inch. "I'm sorry Y/n but I need some time alone" Jongho was secretly hoping for her to not agree to that and just pull him into a hug, at the same time he didn't want to break down Infront of her.

"You sure you don't need a hug?..." She asked, reaching out for his hand. Jongho quickly took his hand away and shook his head 'no'. Storming upstairs and slamming his room door close. San walked out of the living room and put an arm around Y/n's waist making her face him, his grib tightening on her waist. She looked at him and pushed him away. "Don't touch me, you're a monster" She said and walked away, leaving San dumbfounded.

A monster?...is that what she thinks of me?..
-Choi SAN's thoughts