𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 -3-

INT. BROOKLYN GYM NIGHT

Somewhere in an old, almost WWII-esque boxing gym, STEVE ROGERS is pummeling a punching bag. With every swing, it's like a memory he's trying to fight off and repress.

EXT. HYDRA BASE DAY (FLASHBACK)

Captain America is running through the forest, dodging mortars, gunfire and the Tesseract's energy firearms.

STEVE (V.O.):
There's not enough time! I gotta put her in the water!

INT. BROOKLYN GYM NIGHT

Steve's rage keeps building as he punches the bag. It gets harder...

INT. HORTEN H.XVIII, RED SKULL'S SHIP DAY (FLASHBACK)

Steve places his COMPASS with an image of PEGGY CARTER. The time is here for him to crash the plane.

INT. BROOKLYN GYM NIGHT

Steve closes his eyes. Goes at the bag harder.

PEGGY (V.O.):
You won't be alone.

Steve smiles in memory of Peggy.

INT. HORTEN H.XVIII, RED SKULL'S SHIP DAY (FLASHBACK)

The RED SKULL picks up the TESSERACT.

INT. BROOKLYN GYM NIGHT

Steve opens his eyes and tears the bag as the last memory kicks in. I don't think he can physically stop...

SHIELD SCIENTIST (V.O.):
Oh my god!

INT. PROJECT P.E.G.A.S.U.S, ANTARCTICA DAY (FLASHBACK)

A half frozen Steve Roger is lying down on a medical slab. Two SHIELD SCIENTISTS run over hi-tech devices to see if his vitals are up. And it seems...

SHIELD SCIENTIST
This guy is still alive!

Everyone but the avengers were confused by that. Many questions went through their heads.

INT. BROOKLYN GYM NIGHT

Steve tears the bag open, off its chain, spilling out the sand. He stands, breathing hard, letting out 70 years of over repressed feeling. After taking a few breathers, Steve picks up another punching bag, which is laying next to another dozen bags. He hooks the bag up and starts punching again. Regulus walks in.

REGULUS:
Trouble sleeping?

STEVE:
I slept for seventy years, sir. I think I've had my fill.

"WHAT"

"HOW"

That had answered many questions for the wizards and witches who already knew of Captain America while the ones that didn't were in awe and confusion. How was able to stay alive that long and still not age.

"If you don't mind me asking how, my boy" asked Dumbldore with the same twinkle he always has in his eyes.

Steve smiles politely and answers "Basic science" making the Avengers chuckle and leaving Dumbledore frowning and unsatisfied.

REGULUS:
Then you should be out, celebrating, seeing the world.

Steve stops punching and walks over to the bench, unraveling the tape off his hands. He sits down.