𝘊𝘈𝘛𝘞𝘚 -2-

REGULUS:
I think that's overstating things. 

Suddenly Batroc rises and throws a grenade at the two as he runs off, Steve deflects the bomb with his shield, grabs Regulus and jumps through a window before it explodes

That earned many shouts of worry from people. Regulus winces at the sight.

REGULUS:
Okay. That one's on me. 

STEVE:
You're damn right.

Steve gets up and leves. Regulus only sighs and looks away.

Steve looks at Regulus apologizing . Regulus looks away ignoring him.

The Triskelion, S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters; Steve walks into Fury's office

STEVE:
You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you? 

FURY:
I didn't lie. Agent Black had a different mission than yours. 

STEVE:
Which you didn't feel obliged to share. 

Nick Fury:
I'm not obliged to do anything. 

STEVE:
Those hostages could've died, Nick. 

FURY:
I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen. 

STEVE:
Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns.

"We are spies, not fucking soilders." Regulus muttered.

He hated the thought of being referred to a soldier. Since a young age, he had been morphed into some obedient soldier, for when the time came he would be in the front lines. He didn't need some 100-year old man to remind him of that.

Steve winces. This had been the second time someone had told him they were not soldiers. Steve understood that times had changed, but for him it had only been a few years. He was still trying to get accustomed to this new era.

FURY:
The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Black is comfortable with everything.

Sirius scoffs and says, "I bet he is." Sirius can feel someone staring at him. He turns around to see Bucky glaring holes at him while twirling a knife and his hand.

STEVE:
I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns. 

FURY:
It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all. 

STEVE:
Except you. 

FURY:
You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that. 

Fury steps into an elevator with Steve following behind him 

NICK:
Insight bay. 

SHIELD COMPUTER:
Captain Rogers does not have clearance for Project Insight.

FURY:
Director override, Fury, Nicholas J.  SHIELD Computer: Confirmed. 

The elevator starts moving down

STEVE:
You know, they used to play music. 

FURY:
Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these things for forty years. My granddad worked in a nice building, he got good tips. 

Nick looks up