Meet and Greet

Mei entered the kitchen and yelled at me.

"Who allowed you to enter the kitchen and steal food."

I was startled and was about to drop the bowl of ramen on the floor. I turned around to see my so - called sister. Let's see how far she goes.

Furthermore, I suddenly spotted my father, who was passing by the kitchen to go to his work place across the kitchen and the lake ahead. I knew it was the perfect time for me to play with Mei a little. After all, I was a spawn of Satan.

I acted to not know anything and acted as a fool for the time being.

I stuttered
" I.. I didn't steal the food I was starving and made it for myself"

Mei replied in a cocky voice.
" What do mean by it, how could you, a good for nothing, even make such delicious food? You are a disgrace to the Yang family for stealing mere food."

This ruckus caught the attention of our father.

Fu Yang or also known as my father thought
[Is that Mei, why is she yelling at Xue like that in the middle of the day. What will the people think if the word gets out about Mei bullying Xue. It will bring a great disgrace to our family. ]

He rushed towards the kitchen to see what the matter was about.

I saw my father approaching me.
I pretended to fall on the ground and hurt myself.
I started crying. As I sniffle, wiping down my tears.

"Mei, why did you push me? "

Mei didn't notice earlier to realise her father was standing right behind her.
On the other hand, she was confused why I acted like that when she never pushed me. But at that point it looked like as if she pushed me on the ground and bullied me. She turned around and was startled as her face got pale with fear. She quickly responded

" G..g..g... Greetings Father, Um.. Uh, why are you here. Are you perhaps hungry, if so, I shall grab a maid to make you your favorite dish? "

I sniffled and acted as a fragile, innocent woman.

My father pushed Mei aside and approached towards me.
He asked me in a soft voice.
" Are you alright, my child?"

Then he helped me to get up. I sniffled as tears rolled down my cheek seeing this, my father felt guilty of not being there for me at that moment.

I got up with my father's support.

My father asked me what happened.
I responded in a hesitating voice.
" Father, nothing happened, we were just talking as I slipped and fell. "

But he didn't fall for it, as expected, I knew that he was a witness of the incident.
His heart melted to see me protect my sister even when she was cruel to me.

I mouthed towards Mei
" CHECKMATE "

This was it for Mei, she burst out with anger and yelled.
" It was not my fault she pretended to fall and win your favor. "

Father yelled,
" Enough, how dare you. "

" F.. f. f..father, It was not me, it was this witch who is framing me. "
Mei looked pale and shocked at how father didn't believe her and take her side.

" Though you made a mistake, your sister didn't blame you and tried to make an excuse just to protect you. And you are blaming her. Shame on you. "

" Father, it's just a misunderstanding, please father, believe me. "

" Mei, are you trying to say I am wrong,
"Hump" Looks like I have to discipline you. "

" Father n.. No I didn't. "

"I want no more excuses, you are going to kneel in the courtyard for four hours. And that's my order. "

As soon as father left the room. Mei dropped to her knees in disbelief.

She mumbled to herself.
" No.. No.. How can this happen... It's impossible."

I bent over near Mei and whispered
" Maybe next time, be prepared "

As I was leaving the room. Mei got up and yelled.

" This is not the end, you have done a big mistake, for which you have to take the responsibility on your own. Remember, it's not the end, t's the beginning. "

Mei ran towards her mother's room.

" We'll see how it goes, but until then I shall relax a little".
I stretched my arms and headed towards my manor.