The Emperess Dowgar.

Yin burst open the door, excited to tell her me great news.

I was surprised from the sudden noise, I yawned and replied

" What happened, did we have an earthquake ".

Yin tilted her head and thought [earthquake? ]

"Hah, Let it be. What did you need me for?"

" Miss, the Empress Dowager called the Yang family in".

"What??, Oh no."

"Yin, get me dressed"

I rushed to get dressed up. Hoping it's not late.

I hurried to the imperial courtyard to find the Empress Dowager sitting and sipping her cup of tea.

I hurried and kneeled down to pay my respect to the empress.

The empress slowly placed the cup of tea on the table and spoke up in a soft voice.

"Please rise, my dear child"

I slowly rose up and bowed to the empress

"Long live the Empress"

The Empress smiled and looked at Xue, she replied

"You just look like your mother"

I was surprised and asked

" You knew my mother"

" Well, she was a kind of women. When she was not married, she was an independent woman who lived in her own way. When your father met her, he thought she was a wild bird flying through the sky."

"But how do you know this ??"

" Your mother used to be my friend. Sometimes we used to sneak out at night to gaze the stars. But don't tell anyone."

We chatted and laughed till the evening.

I retuned to the Guest House. I entered my room and ordered Yin to prepare me a bath, I was exhausted after the long day, besides that, I was curious about my mother. As I entered the bathing chamber and got in the tub, all the memories of her flooded in. Furthermore, I was confused of why don't I have any memory of her.

Was time travelling just a coincidence, or something else?

I was frustrated for not finding a definite answer for the first time. This was the first time I didn't have an answer for my question.
I wrapped myself in a bathrobe and headed towards my room.

As I entered the room, I sensed as if someone was watching me from behind, I grabbed a kitchen knife from the fruit tray. I turned around to see the man from earlier sitting on the window sill staring at me.

I asked him
"Is this a habit of yours of coming into a women's chamber in the middle of the night? "

He smirked with a shrug look on his face.

" No, I it's just I might have just fallen for you. "

" Ugh... Again, that annoying you. "

"Well, can you get out of my room, I need to dress up and head to bed. "

"I won't leave, hun. If you want to, you're free to change"

I was done with this man. I took out the knife that I have been hiding under my sleeves. I moved forward and pinned the man against the wall, threatening him with the knife.

I spoke up
" May I have the honour to ask your name? "

He grinned and replied
" You can call me Zhao Yan. "

" So, Mister Zhao Yan, can I expect you to leave my room now. "

He just smiled and pushed me on the bed. He was so strong I couldn't move, I looked at him and said.

" Do you know what you are doing?? "

He came closer to my ear and spoke up

" I know what I am doing, it's just that I want to eat you up right now little kitty, you look really delicious "

He bit my ear. And looked at me in the eyes. I felt weak. He gazed at me in a way that I wanted to trust him and drop my guards in front of him.
He gave me a peck on my lips, I gasped as it was my first kiss. Though I felt it is wrong and I should pull away. He continued and went deeper, we kissed as I felt his tongue inside my mouth. We continued. As he caressed me and kissed me. I felt it go deeper and deeper in the throat. I gave in. It was a magical moment when he suddenly pulled away, I felt his breath against my cheek, he looked at me and whispered.
"I can't continue anymore, if I do, I might lose control."

I blushed, my heart was racing. I didn't know what happened to me, which led me to a conclusion that I fell in love.

I wanted to know the face behind the mask.

I wasn't able to sleep the whole night as the moment flashed before my eyes.