5

I ended up getting Macbeth which was a good read. I returned to the library again after three days.

"You know there's more libraries out there, right?" Hendrix said when I walked in.

"First of all, most are shut down because of lack of funding, and second, I like bothering you."

"How was Macbeth?" He asked. I handed the book over.

"Good." I replied.

"Nerd." He said under his breath. "Of course you would like it." He said.

"Listen buddy!" I said. "I'm the literal paragon in my family. I graduated top of my class! And what are you?" I asked.

"The guy who annoys the paragon." He snarked back. I ignored him and walked to the third floor. I like being up here because I get to see everyone below me as if I was God.

I looked for another book and found a book I wanted but I was on the high shelf. I reached up to grab it but my 5'10 height was too short. Who even designed these shelves?

"Oh this is adorable." Hendrix said behind me.

"Help me, jackass!" I grunted. Hendrix stood right behind me, reached up, and got the book easily. I blushed stupidly and took the book.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"What's that?" He asked.

"I said thanks." I said a bit louder. "Just let me check this out." I said

"See you soon!" He said as I exited the library.

Something about Hendrix just plucks my strings. Like, even though he's annoying, I can't stop thinking about him. Today was the closest we've had to physical contact.

I'll definitely be coming back.

------

bye! i love you all!

<3