14

Hendrix was explaining to me how the Dewey Decimal system works and the strenuous process he has to go through to put books away because many don’t put them back themselves. While he was explaining, I was looking at that damn succulent that I’ve been wanting. 

“East!” He snapped in my face. I looked away from my green baby and looked back at him. “Did you get any of that?” He asked. My mind was blank. 

“Umm. Yeah.” I said, hoping he wouldn’t ask a follow up question.

“Where do the music books go, then?” He asked, obviously not believing me.

“Uhh, second floor?” He rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“What’s gotten you distracted, East. Is there someone else?” He asked when he sat next to me. Judging from his tone, it’s obvious he’s joking.

“Yeah. He’s green and adorable.”

“Shrek?!” He said.

“No, idiot. It’s a fucking plant!” He slapped my back.

“I know. I’ve seen you looking at that plant. Don’t think of stealing it.” He said. But all I heard was ‘Go ahead, Easton. It’s yours. Take it.’

That plant might as well have my name on it. I’m destined to have it.

“Easton! There’s a customer!” Hendrix said to me. I quickly let go of his hand realizing that he had to go to attend a customer. I almost forgot he actually has to work and can’t spend all his time flirting with me.

I sat on the chair waiting for Hen to finish his work. I spent the time finding hiding places all over the bookstore. You never know if a robber might one day walk in and try to kill you. That’s why you should always look for not only an exit but a place to hide. And a weapon… just to be safe.

“Why are you on top of the shelf?” Hen asked. I looked down to see him amused by me.

“Hiding.” Is all I said. Hen brought over a ladder and climbed up.

“Someone could easily get this ladder and climb up here, by the way.” He said.

Shit! Guess the top shelf is a no go.

------

bye! i love you all!

<3