11

“Wait, you’re telling me that Nick had a crush on Gatsby?” He asked.

“Well… those are the theories. It just makes so much sense cause of how Nick talks about Gatsby. Trust me, dude.” I said. He just looked at the book and raised an eyebrow. He began to go through the shelves and turned away from me.

“Hey,” He said. I turned to him but he didn’t turn back. “Wanna go on a date?” He asked, completely throwing me off.

“A-A-A date?” I stuttered out. I just stood there, thinking I was dreaming.

“Yeah, why not? I’ve thought about it for a while now.” He picked up a book and put it back down.

“I thought I was annoying to you.”

“You are. But in a nice way. You make my boring day fun. I literally stare at the door just waiting for you to walk in.” He waited for my response.

“Then yes. I’ll go on a date with you.” I said. I breathed in relief. “Where?”

“This is gonna sound weird, but how bout here?” He asked. He finally turned around, awaiting my response.

“Sure. I mean, this is the place we met. Might as well.” I said.

“Okay, good. Umm, tonight? Are you free?” He asked me. 

“Yes. I am.” I responded. 

“Cool.” He said. Then he just got quiet and turned back around. It took me a moment to process that I was going on an actual date with this guy I just met. 

“Oh my God.” I whispered to myself. That fact someone actually asked me out because they’re interested in me. I need to sit down for a moment. Drink some water. 

“You look like you’re about to pass out.” Hendrix stood next to me and patted my back.

“I’m fine.” I said. I stood back up. “What time is our date?” I said. That word sounds so foreign to me.

“7 pm.” He said.

------

bye! i love you all!

<3