13. But I Don't Want To Be With You

AAKANKSHA:

What the hell just happened?!

I almost kissed him.!

Why can't these butterflies in my stomach stop fluttering.

Rubbing my cheeks to remove the blush I walked to the kitchen to make our coffees.

My phone beeped with the message from the same unknown number.

"You look cute when you blush. But I won't tolerate, you cozying up with anyone else other than me. I will kill them."

My hands shivered seeing the message. Who the hell is this guy?!

I don't want anything happening to anyone and especially to Karthik.

I don't know how to handle this situation. But right now I didn't want to tell this to any of my friends and worry them.

Closing my mobile, I tried to relax and took the coffee tray and walked out.

Wishing my coworkers and smiling at them I entered Karthik's cabin to see him standing near the glass window deep in thought.

Clearing my throat I placed the cups on the table.

"What are you thinking?" I asked walking near him.

"About you" he said turning to face me. I just raised my eyebrow listening to him.

"What? Shouldn't I think about you?" He asked coming to me.

I took a step back and spoke "I don't know.. You have other important things than me to think about. I am just your new time pass. Why waste time on me?" I said shrugging.

His demeanor changed listening to what I just said.

He took fast steps towards me, I took steps back and my back touched the wall.

Placing his hands on either side he trapped me from moving further.

"Why did you say that? What have I done that made you think you were a time pass to me?" He asked, anger and hurt evident in his voice.

Anger rose in me.

"You don't remember anything. Do you?" I asked scoffing.

Confusion is clear on his face.

"Ofcourse. Why would you. You were so full of yourself. Why do you care about other's feelings to remember what you spoke." I continued, pushing his hands aside and started walking.

He grasped my hand and pulled me towards him making me collide with his chest.

Holding my waist he asked "what are you saying?".

I decided to tell him that I over heard his' and siri's conversation. I wanted to take this out of my chest.

Getting out of his hold I walked to the chair and sat down.

"You remember the last day in our college?" I asked looking into his eyes.

KARTHIK:

I stared at her not knowing what she was talking about.

She stared into my eyes and spoke "I heard your conversation with Siri in library Karthik" and then it stuck me.

Siri asking me if I liked cherry and me saying bullshit.

"If you hated me so much why did you spend time with me? If you felt I was bossy and dominating why play with my feelings? I never asked you to roam with me. I never asked you to flirt with me. I never asked you to make me fall for you. When you were not interested in me why do all those things?" She asked trying to control her tears.

"You know why I stopped using glasses? Because of you. 'have you seen her face? She and her glasses..! Gosh I don't like people who wear glasses.' these are the words you used. It's hard to forget the disgust in your voice."

"I was so hurt by your words. The first thing I did as our break started was go through the laser treatments. Doctors didn't recommend sight correction after my initial treatment. But I was adamant. All I remember was your words."

"My friends were dead against me going through the treatment. But I wanted to get rid of those glasses. Now I regret that. I had gone through all that pain and discomfort for someone like you, who give importance to physical appearance. So forgive me if I have a hard time trusting you."

"Irony is, after all this, I still love you." She took a deep breath and said, "But I don't want to be with you." and left the cabin.

I was rooted in my spot, too shocked to react and let her walk out.

What should I even say to make it right?! That I was stupid and arrogant?

I rubbed my face with palms sighing. I have to make this right.