29. Became Close

KARTHIK:

After that incident, Rahul stopped being an ass.

Though it took sometime for him to become normal, now he is as close to me as Rohit is.

Even Vishnu started spending time with them. It's like we 4 were a group now.

We started discussing personal issues among ourselves. Like one day Rahul wanted us to meet in the pub.

Karthik, Rohit, Vishnu are staring at Rahul sipping their drinks who is frowning and not spoken a word for the past half n hour.

"What's the matter with him?" Rohit who is sitting between K and V asked. They both just shrugged.

"We should order something to eat" K said taking the menu card.

"Yea. Am starving. How about some starters?" Vishnu said and they started bickering on which dish to order.

"Guys stop it." Rahul said irritated.

"And finally he speaks." K said.

"Priya is going on a date." He said before they could ask anything.

"So? You also go on a date with someone" Rohit said and Vishnu nodded.

Karthik just smirked getting the idea of this meet-up.

"Why is that bothering you?" Karthik asked.

Rahul was confused. He doesn't understand why that simple thing of his friend going on a date's bothering him.

He didn't feel this turmoil of emotions when Cherry said she loved Karthik or she's going to marry him. These feelings were so new to him.

Karthik understood that he still couldn't realise his feelings for paayal and decided to save him.

"Idiot, you love her. That's why this simple matter is bothering you." Karthik said.

"What?!" Rohit and Vishnu yelled surprised. Rahul was shocked and then slowly changed to realisation.

"But what if she doesn't love me?" He asked.

"She does. And I know this months back. Your dumb ass took this long to realise" Karthik smirked.

Rahul couldn't contain his happiness and excitement and rushed to meet Priya.

My darling Cherry is in 5th month now. These past months is like a roller coaster. Her emotions are all over the place. One sec she will be laughing, the next minute she is crying and then she will be angry. And they are dead if anyone laughs at her.

We were getting ready to office and she was taking forever to come down. What is she doing!

I went to our room to get the terror of the day.

She was on a stool, standing on toes with heals raised up trying to get something from the top rack.

"What the hell Cherry!" I shouted going to her.

She was startled by my voice, that made her slip from the stool.

Thank God I was near her. I caught her before she could fall.

She held on to my shirt collar very tightly and is shaking with fear by the sudden turn of events.

"Shh shh, it's ok it's ok, nothing happened. You're safe" I consoled her.

Making her sit on the bed I crouched down.

"Baby look at me. See nothing happened. Calm down." She slowly opened her eyes.

"That's so reckless of you. What would have happened if you have slipped from that stool cherry?" I scolded.

"I wanted that handbag. This bag straps are digging into my skin."

"You should have called me. What am I here for then?"

"I will take your help from next time ok?"

Sighing I stood up and took her handbag she was trying to get.

"You should eat more cherry. You haven't put up any weight. You are not like how you should be in your 5th month." I said helping her.

She sighed "you have seen me all these days. It's just now, my nausea and vomiting stopped. How do you expect me to gain weight with all the puking I did these past months?"

I shook my head knowing well that she won't accept it.
"Come we are getting late." I said helping her stand up.

After reaching office we had back to back meetings.

Finally after two long meetings we have a half n hour gap before a lunch meeting with a client.

I entered Cherry's cabin to see her in her chair, sleeping, with one hand still on the mouse and the other one on her bump.

I sighed seeing her. Pregnant women need lot of rest. But when has she listened to me.

Converting the sofa cum bed couch into the bed, picking her up I laid her on the bed and went to finish my lunch meeting.

AAKANKSHA:

I woke up to see that I am the convertible bed.

"Shit.! I missed the meeting.!" I thought keeping a hand on my forehead.

After washing my face I went to check on Karthik. It's almost evening and he would be back by now.

Knocking the door I entered his cabin to see him going through some documents. Seeing me he stood up came to my side.

"Hey love, had a nice nap? Still tired?" He asked guiding me to the couch.

"Sorry Karthik, I didn't realise that I had slept." I said feeling guilty.

"It's ok love. What do you want to eat?" He asked tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Some juice will be fine."

"Listen, I feel like you should quit your job." He said taking my hands.

"You are stressing yourself unnecessarily. It's not like we don't have money. There is no need for you to work."

"Oh come on Karthik!. I just slept one day. I am sorry I didn't realise that. It's not about money. I know you can take care of me. But I want to be independent. Or are you not satisfied with my work? Am I doing any mistakes?" I asked angrily.

"Baby you know I didn't mean that. Why should you work at the cost of your health? Why can't you understand my concern?" He said cupping my face.

"Please Karthik. And moreover, just imagine, if I were to be in home and something happens, no one will be there. I will be more safe here than alone in our home." I said innocently.

He was deep in thought after listening to me. I did a happy dance knowing I won this argument.

"Ok fine. But I will appoint one more PA. You will just plan my schedule sitting in the office. The other PA will accompany me to meetings. We need a new one after your delivery anyways. So why not appoint now itself." He said shrugging.