24. Happy

AAKANKSHA:

It's been few months since we married. Every minute was blissful.

I didn't stop working for him. Though we had an argument over it, I succeeded in making him agree with me.

I am preparing breakfast for us and its getting late. I was rushing here and there, Karthik talking over the phone about some business issues.

I was feeling nauseous and getting dizzy with all the movements or so I thought. I couldn't take it anymore and was about to walk, to sit on the stool in the kitchen when the world started to revolve around me.

Karthik who was near the stool still speaking came rushing to me as I began loosing balance.

"Hey Cherry what happened.! Baby you alright?" He asked panicked, helping me sit on the stool.

"I don't know I was feeling nauseous and got dizzy. It's the same from few days. All these smells are making me nauseous."

I stopped talking remembering that I missed my periods.

"What's the matter love? You are scaring me." Karthik said who was still kneeling infront of me.

"Umm Karthik... I think I am pregnant. But not sure." I said looking at him.

KARTHIK:

Shocked. That's what I felt listening to what Cherry said.

"Come. We will go to the hospital and get it checked." I said helping her stand up.

In a few minutes we reached the hospital and waiting for the doctor to call us.

"Mr and Mrs Karthik. Please come in" a nurse called us.

Entering we wished the doctor and took our seat.

"Yes Aakanksha, what's the problem?" The doctor asked.

"I missed my periods and I think I am pregnant." She replied a little nervously.

"Ho, that's nice. We will get it checked then. Pee on this. Restroom is that way." Saying she handed a pregnancy stick.

After handing the stick to the nurse they collected some blood samples and asked us to wait.

Cherry was bouncing her legs and her hands were shivering. It was cute to see her all the nervous.

Chuckling I held her hands. "Why are you so nervous. Calm down a bit ok?"

"Are you really asking me why I am nervous? What if I am pregnant?!" She asked anxiously.

"So what? We will be parents. A mini you or mini me will be in our hands in a few months. It's not a horrible idea..! I am not against this. Are you?" I asked her.

"No. I thought you won't be happy." She said relaxing a bit.

"No baby. I will be very happy if the test comes positive." I said kissing her forehead.

As hoped the results came positive, she is 6 weeks pregnant.

The doctor instructed all the do's and don'ts. We were beaming by the time we reached home.

"We will share this news with Rahul and Rohit first please." She asked after reaching our house.

Sitting on the couch I said. "As you wish love."

"But not today. Rohit is out of country now. That idiot is always travelling. He will come day after tomorrow. We will meet them directly. I will just inform them about this get together and won't say why." She was rambling.

"Ok baby, ok."

"What happened?" She asked seeing me looking at her without blinking.

"You look beautiful" I said and got up and kneeled infront of her.

Cupping her face "Thanks for making me the happiest man love. I love you so much." I said kissing her.

"I love you too Karthik." She said with her beautiful smile.