11

Chapter 11
                                                            The Return

"What am I going to do?!" Padme said as she hugged the pillow in her lap. I sighed and sat down next to her. I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Padme.. being  pregnant is a wonderful thing..!" I said reassuring. She sighed and leaned her head back against the couch.

"What if he hates me.." She mumbled quietly. She out the pillow on top of her face and groaned. I scoffed, after finding out about Anakin and Padme— well Anakin feels free to go nuts over Padme around me.

"Anakin and hate you in the same sentence just sounds crazy." I said with a laugh. She took the pillow of her tear stained face, a frown was still on.

"Well.. he's coming this afternoon— so you'll tell him then." I said with a smile. She sighed shakily, and nodded. He stared at her stomach for a second then smirked.

"And you have to tell Obi Wan you love him..!" She said as she sit up. My body froze. I have her a disapproving frown. She giggled and took a sip of water.

"I do not love Obi Wan. He's just a friend— besides he's a Jedi.. and they don't love people like that." I said hastily. She playfully rolled her eyes, and stood up to get ready.

"Anakin 'loves' me like that." She said with a grin. I rolled my eyes.

During the Clone Wars, me and Obi Wan had got much closer then we were before. I have liked Obi Wan for a while— but love was a strong word. Besides, like I told Padme, he is a Jedi Knight- and a handsome Jedi Knight for that matter.

"They'll be here in a short amount of time, you just get ready." I said to Padme as she sat back down on the couch. She sighed and got up.

"I know Y/n.. I just can't get over the fact that he almost died! There were so many.. rumors." She said sadly. A tear rolled down her cheek.

"With him being a Jedi and all.. what if he does die and I'll have to raise the child on my own?!" She said putting her head in her hands.

"You've heard what they say Padme.. Anakin is one of the strongest- and powerful Jedis. And besides I'm here!" I said grabbing her hand. She looked up at me and smiled.

I then walked over to her jewelry box and rummaged through the earrings.

"You should where these earrings." I said as I held up two gold hoops. "Aren't they Ani's favorite?" I asked curiously.

"Well.. the black ones are but these go with my outfit." She said with a grin and she clasped them on. I smiled at her and brushed my hair a tad bit more before grabbing her hand and leading her out the door.

-

"Tell me everything he says later.. okay?" I said to her before I ran off. She nodded and hid behind a large pillar near the transport that had just docked.

"Love ya Pad!" I said with a wink as I hurried off towards the large group of people surrounding the transport. I stopped next to C-3PO whose golden color made him easy to spot from a mile away.

"My goodness Y/n, you just be overjoyed to know that Master Kenobi and Master Skywalker returned safely." He said in his normally posh voice. I chuckled and nodded, patting his hollow tin back.

I hurried over to the transport, and enveloped Anakin in a quick hug. "I'm glad the both of you are okay." I said as I looked behind him to see Obi Wan leaning against the wall of the transport.

I looked at Obi Wan and gave him a quick hug. "I'm glad to see you, Y/n." He said releasing from the the hug. I smiled at him quickly before stepping out of the transport.

"Aren't you coming..?" Anakin asked Obi Wan once he took a glance of him still on the transport. He leaned against the exit and shook his head.

"Oh, no. They need a poster boy, besides I have to report to the council." He said on his soft silky tone. Anakin shook his head.

"Master, this whole operation was your idea?!" Anakin said with a surprised look on his face.

"Oh Anakin, don't be daft, you saved Palpatine, defeated Dooku and climbed up an elevator shaft with me unconscious on your back." Obi Wan said.

Did that really happen?

I chuckled at their bickering and waved goodbye to Obi Wan and Anakin once they separated. I caught out of the corner of my eyes, Anakin dash over to Padme.