24

Chapter 24
The new friend

"So I can't talk or I don't like to talk?" Leia asked Obi Wan. Obi Wan groaned, and nodded. "You don't talk."

Got it." She said crossing her arms and focusing on the road ahead of us.

Obi Wan looked down at the beeping disc. "This is it.. this is where he told us to meet!" He said angrily.

"Maybe their late?" I said gazing around the land.

"Or maybe it was a lie! I knew it! We shouldn't have trusted him!" He yelled. I sighed and out a hand on his shoulder.

"Well if we're on our own.. we're gonna need some help." Leia said with a smirk. I followed her gaze and saw a transport driving down the path. I smirked and followed Leia down the hill.

"What are you doing?" Obi Wan asked us. "Maybe they'll give us a ride to the spaceport." I said with a grin.

"But it's not safe!" He shouted to us. I chuckled and nudged Leia to keep running towards the transport. She grinned and kept going.

"Why do you encourage her?" Obi Wan said tiredly. I chuckled and grabbed his hand leading him down the hill.

"Remember Leia, keep your head down- and you don't talk." Obi Wan commanded.

"Hi! I'm Luma! This is my frie— father and mother." Leia started.

"Mother?" I muttered quietly under my breath.

"We are farmers from Tawl." Leia continued.

"Hey there, I'm Freck!" The mole like creature said happily. I smiled at him.

"Nice to meet you." I said with a smile. "Aren't you going to say hello." I said to Obi Wan.

Obi Wan nodded to him and said. "Hello."

"We were going on a trip, and got a little lost in this field." Leia said with a innocent smirk.

"That's a weird story." The man said. "We got a bit turned around, we're looking for the nearest port. We have to get home." Obi Wan added.

"Well, I'm going that way, hop in!" The man said with a smile on his rat-like face. I smiled and nodded as I began walking to the back of the transport.

"But-" Obi Wan started. "Thanks!" Leia said as she followed me. Obi Wan stared at the two of us, then weakly smiled at the driver.

I stepped up into the back of the transport, and helped Leia up. I sat down next to Leia and looked around the transport. It was dirty, and old, and rusty- but suitable.

"Where'd you say you were from again?" The creature asked as he started driving. "Tawl." The three of us replied in unison.

"Oh, good people out in Tawl. They pay their way, listen to the empire." The creature said. I looked over at Obi Wan, then back at the creature.

"Absolutely, we love the empire." I said with a fake smile. "It's nice to meet like-minded folk. Nothing wrong with a little order, right?" The creature added.

I smiled and nodded. I then followed Obi Wan's gaze to a group of white suited men, who I know work from the empire.

Obi Wan sat up, reached an arm around me and Leia and pulled us close. "Transport late as usual?" Freck asked.

The men nodded. "Well, hop in! Meet my new friends." Freck said. Obi Wan breathed in heavily.

"These kids folks are hitchin' a ride to the port." Freck said happily. The men just glared at us.

"Where are you all coming from?" I asked with a soft smile. "There moving us around, looking for a Jedi." The suited men said turning his head towards me.

"A Jedi? Out here?" I asked turning my head. I tried not to let my smile shone through, I kept a straight concerned face.

"I hope we're not in any danger." Freck said. "Ah, no, we'll catch 'em. We always do." The suited man said.

"You a miner?" The man asked Obi Wan. He shook his head. "Farmer, from Tawl." Obi Wan replied.

"What are you doing out here?" They asked.

"It's along story." He replied.

"If a long ride." The man asked crossing his arms.

"They brought me here to see the place where they met." Leia said referring to me and Obi Wan. I smiled awkwardly and nodded.

"Do you have any information about a Jedi?" Another man asked. We both shook our head. "I wouldn't know one if I saw one." Obi Wan said.

"Are you sure their even on this plane?" Leia asked. Obi Wan looked at her quickly.

"They know what their doing, Leia!" Obi Wan said heatedly. My heart dropped.

"You called her Leia.. I thought her name was Luma." The trooper said turning his head. I quickly looked at Obi Wan.

"My wife's name is Leia." Obi Wan said looking over at me. I nodded and smiled at him. "Sometimes I get things confused, her and her mother have the same personality." He said with a laugh at the end.

"Sometimes, I look at them, and see their beautiful eyes, and perfect smile." Obi Wha said as he looked back and fourth between me and Leia. I felt my cheeks go hot, but I just smiled and nodded it away.

The man looked down. "Well, just keep your eyes open." The trooper said.