56. Rogue Tide (An Original Chapter)

When Dad announced that he proposed to Fiona, I felt happy for him especially when she said yes. Since coping with Mom's death for the past few years, he deserved a huge amount of happiness. Fiona was a great person. I knew she would look after Dad well.

Everyone had been busy planning the wedding from deciding where to hold it to who to invite. Fiona wanted to have a simple wedding, though her parents would want to include many people from close friends to both sides of the family, and make the event a more extravagant one.

I left it all up to Dad and Fiona since it was their special day. It made me feel touched when Fiona asked me for an opinion on something. I could only tell her that it was all up to her and that she had my full support on whatever she decided.

As I updated Emma on the wedding plans, she sent a huge congratulations and was happy that I was gaining a stepmom. She also wondered how I felt about Dad marrying Fiona. A few days after the proposal, Fiona once again assured me that she respected my and Dad's relationship. She added that she was nervous, which was a normal feeling for anyone who is engaged to be married. I told her that whatever happened, we'd work through it. All I could tell Emma was that I was happy for Dad since he wouldn't feel entirely alone even though he had mine and the rest of the family's support. 

Fiona's parents arrived on the Gold Coast, mainly to help with setting up the wedding. They had visited before to meet Dad. I too got to meet them. Fiona's folks liked me right away feeling that they had gained a granddaughter at once. 

Dad had the idea to have both the wedding and reception take place on the beach to save everyone the wear and tear of renting a building. We were in the middle of summer and having an outdoor wedding was ideal as it had been hot. Plus, he and Mom had their wedding on a beach. When Dad suggested the setting for the wedding to Fiona, she was game and suggested sunscreen for everyone since the UV was extreme.

Zane volunteered to pay for catering for the reception. Even though he had been helpful at times, especially regarding the secret, I found it surprising coming from him. However, I could tell it was Rikki who pretty much ran things ever since taking on managing the cafe. 

🌊

Most of the past month was focused on the wedding arrangements, from setting the date to sending out the invitations. Fiona, her mom, and one of her best friends went shopping for bridal and bridesmaid dresses. I found myself surprised when they asked for my dress size and surprised me with an olive-green gown. Fiona had asked me what my favorite color was when we first met.

Fiona's friends and relatives arrived in the area a few days before the wedding. I felt at ease when Dad and Fiona told me that I could invite Cleo, Rikki, and Bella since I didn't know many people other than my grandparents, aunt, second cousins, and Dad's friends. Lewis was the DJ due to his knack for technology. Plus, Rikki and Zane arranged the food and drink catering. I promised Emma I'd email her photos and videos of the event.

On taking note, I realized that the full moon fell on the same day as the wedding. I wondered if there was bound to be another water attack. At the same time, I didn't want to worry about it. It was Dad and Fiona's special day, and I was determined to get through the event without any incident. 

🌊

When it was the big day, it was spent setting up the beach area and getting ready for the ceremony which was in the late afternoon where the sun wouldn't be beaming down on us, but excellent for photoshoots. Rikki and Zane let Fiona use the cafe as a changing room after closing it earlier due to the event.