ONE, three

PRESENT DAY,

PRESENT DAY,

"DON'T FUCKING COME NEAR ME," LEXA GROANED, sunglasses thrown over her face as she secured her seat in the impromptu assembly where Harper had walked in the door with a shaved head. She'd tried to sit next to Lexa, but she was already fuming, "It was you. I know it was you, cunt."

"Didn't do shit," Harper lifted Lexa's bag from the empty seat to sit down beside her, "I did tell ya to tell Dusty before something happened."

"And I told you to mind your business," Lexa looked the girl up and down as her eyes fluttered over Harper's bald head, "Pack it up, eleven."

Amerie had jumped from her seat, running over at the sight of Harper but Lexa had fanned her palm in her face, "Please, I can't deal with the wonder twins right now. Take a seat back over there, Wadia."

Amerie panicked at the anger beneath Lexa's words, retreating as her principal too instructed. The principal scolded the entirty of the year level, notably notifying them there were to be no more, "parties, shindigs or gathos."

That one caused a stir. And the fact that she'd be contacting everyone's parents. Every couple minutes Lexa could feel Dusty's eyes on her across the way, even reciprocating the stare on occasion.

The second the principal had uttered they were dismissed, Lexa shot from her seat. She was planning on wagging, running to her car to escape but when she spun around, Dusty was still standing behind her.

"I'm surprised you're even looking at me," Lexa uttered, watching as Spider and Ant lurked in the background.

Dusty scratched the back of his neck, gulping as he tried to speak, "I'm gonna believe whatever you say Lexa, cus I thought we had something. Were you fucking recently? Like seriously, while we've been together?"

"Well that was a fucking loaded statement and a half," She tried to brush him off, "I don't think it matters what my answer is, you seem pretty done."

"I'll be done depending on your answer."

Despite her cheeks flushing red, she bit the inner walls of her mouth, "It was some fuck buddy shit ages ago. Spider doesn't mean shit to me like that, okay?"

"Alright," Dusty gulped, clearly trying to hide his lingering dissatisfaction, "Guess you guys rehearsed this."

"So why even ask me if you don't believe it?" Lexa argued, "Why the fuck would I risk this for him? He's... He's Spider."

"Yeah, well, that means jack shit when you two have always been so close," Dusty shook his head, "You're the only one who's ever been able to tolerate him. I guess all of him."

"If I wanted to be with Spider, I'd have broken up with you," Lexa stated; in some twisted way she meant it, she never wanted to be in a relationship with Spider, she had needed a warm body. Lexa cleared her throat, "I mean, where the fuck has your head been these past few months?"