ONE, seven

DUSTY HAD ONE OF LEXA'S SPOTIFY PLAYLISTS blaring through his speaker when she walked in, the girl heading to his room like it was her own home

She headed straight for Dusty's closet, her little nook that fitted one too many corsets, undergarments and dresses.

As she rummaged through the closet, Dusty's voice cut through the music, "Looking for something in particular?"

"Something decent," She replied, the girl finding her favorite red top. Dusty's eyes lingered on her, searching for a glance back, "You always look good, doesn't matter what you wear."

She forced a smile back amidst the awkward tension looming between them, "Thanks, Dust."

"Are you gonna give me anything at all?" Dusty stood from his bed, "I mean, I'm trying to be cool with all this. I wasn't ready to lose you overnight."

"Feelings mutual," She spun around, throwing the clothes she picked out beside him, "This is awkward as fuck."

"So let's get around it," He nodded, "Let's say what we want at the same time."

"Horrible idea," Lexa answered as he smiled, "To be fair, I assumed you wouldn't say anything and let me look like an idiot."

"Know me so well, D," She shrugged, "And what's the sentence that would make you sound like an idiot?"

"I miss you."

Lexa hummed, "It hasn't really been that long Dusty."

"I think we've both been checked out," He replied, pulling Lexa by her hand closer. Dusty wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in, "If I knew you felt some type of way, I could've done something."

She squinted her eyes at him, still comfortable enough to run her hands through his hair, "I feel like this is a trap."

"I'm serious," Dusty insisted, "Maybe I needed a wake up call."

Alexa couldn't help but scrunch her face up, her brows furrowed so tightly they could've strained, "Yeah, no. I don't think the wake up call was for you. We were like so perfect. I think this one's-"

"Couldn't have been perfect if you'd hook up with someone else."

Lexa sighed, unwrapping his hands so she could sit beside him instead, "I didn't do anything maliciously."

"I know," He nodded looking down at his hands, "It's your lying, Lex. That's what fucks me up."

"I know," She said.

"The way you stick to it."

"I know," Lexa repeated with a frown. She groaned, slamming her back to the bed to lie down, "I don't know how to fix this. I hope you know that."

"Neither do," Dusty too laid down, the two staring at the roof. She mumbled, "We've never like, not been together."

"Oi, are you talking about not getting back together?" He twisted his head to look at her, Lexa doing the same, "Isn't that what you're saying?"