ONE, six

LEXA LEFT CLASS THE SECOND THE BELL HAD RUN, but the satisfaction that coursed through her veins noticing Darren and Quinni staying back with a thud of the table was well worth it

LEXA LEFT CLASS THE SECOND THE BELL HAD RUN, but the satisfaction that coursed through her veins noticing Darren and Quinni staying back with a thud of the table was well worth it. That looming sense of guilt never hit her, actually she was quite amused with what she had done.

She wasted no time running to her locker to grab her gym clothes, after all their PE teacher never had any patience. While she had no intention of doing any sport today, her shorts and tshirt were so much more comfortable.

Their class were instructed to play Cricket. Spider had taken an obvious lead, as did the rest of his friendship game. Where they were breaking a sweat, not a single other person in that class cared.

As the game began, Lexa leaned against a nearby tree, her gaze drifting lazily over her perfectly manicured nails.

Dusty had jogged over to her, "You gonna join in or what?"

Lexa shrugged nonchalantly, a playful smirk playing on her lips. "Not really my thing, Dusty. I prefer sports that actually require skill."

Dusty chuckled, shaking his head. "Come on, give it a shot. You might surprise yourself."

But Lexa remained unmoved, her attention drifting back to her nails. "I've got more important things to worry about than hitting a ball with a stick."

"It's so much more than that," Spider groaned from the field, "It's alright though, you couldn't compete anyway."

"Boys, settle!" Their PE teacher yelled out, "Lexa's got a note from home, she's out today."

"For what?" Spider rolled his eyes, Lexa taking a pout, "It's that time of the month, Spence. Can't lift a finger, really. So sore."

"I reckon you're an offence to womankind with that one," Spencer shook his head, "Abusing it."

"If I kicked you in the balls you'd be off the sidelines crying," Lexa shrugged, Spider scoffing, "How's that relevant?"

"Because that's what it fucking feels like!" She called out. Dusty couldn't help but laugh, "Careful mate, she'll kick ya for sure."

Spencer made a face at Dusty, who'd then looked back at Lexa, "See you tonight Lex."

"Like you're not gonna see me next period," Sbe yawned, lying back into the grass.

——

"JEEZUS," Lexa gulped as she approached Harper, the girl's body covered in a swarm of bruises. She sighed, "I thought you got out into a foster-"

PE had finished and they were the last two in the girls locker room. Lexa had merely reapplied her gloss and put her school outfit on while Harper had been cleaning up after sport.

"Shh!" Harper lunged to cover the girls mouth, Lexa picked Harper's fingers away, "There's literally no one in here."

"That was the point," Harper grunted, throwing her shirt on, "Look, that whole bond we made after the festival doesn't have to matter okay? Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. Just the way you like it."