ONE, eight

"WHAT'S YOUR MOVE MADDEN?" Malakai laughed, though Lexa was unfazed, "I don't care

"WHAT'S YOUR MOVE MADDEN?" Malakai laughed, though Lexa was unfazed, "I don't care. Huh. I mean, I really don't care."

Lexa was more interested in the screams that had erupted from Amerie and Harper who'd ran out the door. She didn't care to make a spectacle, moreso that she'd gladly play the mind games Dusty wanted to.

"As if they're fighting when he's my ex," Lexa giggled, though she noticed how Dusty's sight was on her. She let out a deep breath, her finger tracing over Malakai's face, "You wanna get in with Amerie, go console her."

"Huh?" Malakai furrowed his brows, her eyes so hard to lose. He hadn't even realised himself but the two were standing much closer than they were before, he watched as she motioned to the door, "Go, go get her man."

"You reckon?" He tilted his head, nodding at Lexa before heading to the door. As he left, she pulled the arm that was snaked around his body slowly away. She took one more look at Dusty before following in Malakai's direction.

Dusty had lost track of the song and whatever charade he'd started for Harper, he couldn't stop looking for Lexa in the crowd. He'd expected her to flip out, charge after Harper and Amerie or even charge at him; and of course, she'd done neither.

So, when Lexa reached the front of the house, she slipped away into the kitchen.

"Cashy," Lexa hummed, "You nearly done for the night? I wanna get out of here."

His face dropped, scratching the back of his neck, "C-Chook's actually coming to get me."

Before either could say something, Dusty's dad Ian had walked by. He'd greeted Lexa with another hug, "Lexie, what's Dusty doing dedicating songs to other girls?"

"Ian, we're literally broken up," She slurred, the rest of her drinking starting to catch up with her. Ian nodded, "Shame, he won't find another girl like you."

"Probably for the better," She laughed and so did he. As Ian turned to Cash, he held out some green notes that Cash slipped into his bag.

"Cash, Lexie, cocktails?" Ian nudged the girl, handing the two drinks as he made himself another. As Ian stepped away, Cash grabbed the drink before Lexa could take another sip, "On second thought, we should get out of here."

"I guess we're walking," Lexa cheered, watching as Cash headed toward the fridge. When she saw Ian's car keys sitting on top, she panicked, "We're leaving, Cash."

"Yeah, yeah, we might just have to stick around at the front for a bit okay?" Cash said, waiting for Lexa to turn away for the keys. Of course, she knew that's what he was waiting for and so instead she crossed her arms, "Don't you fucking dare, okay?"

"Lex," Cash held his head in his hands, "Just go wait for me outside."

"I hate men," She groaned, "You're all so fucking stupid."