ONE, nine

"I KNOW I DIDN'T JUST SEE YOU WALK IN WITH SPIDER," Darren blinked their eyes a thousand times, Lexa's only response to flip them off

"I KNOW I DIDN'T JUST SEE YOU WALK IN WITH SPIDER," Darren blinked their eyes a thousand times, Lexa's only response to flip them off. Their jaw dropped, "Girl, what is going on?"

"It's not a big deal," Lexa insisted, Darren stretching their arms around her, "Mhm, at least you had a fun night. Everyone's talking about how Dusty snubbed you and you didn't give a fuck. I just didn't realise it was because that miscreant Spencer was filling the-"

Lexa stopped in her tracks, "Okay, chill. Nothing happened with Spencer and I. It was either a ride home with the eshays or a walk with Spencer."

"And you didn't choose the eshays?" Darren retorted though Lexa tilted her head, "Decision was made for me. I'm glad he was there actually."

"So you walked home, he slept at your house and you're telling me nothing happened?"

"Darren, I literally threw up and he had to hold my hair back," She facepalmed herself at the thought of it. The two looked across the school yard to see Spider and Dusty catching up, "Now that's gonna be a wild one."

"Please, he's jumping on the Harper train," Lexa said, Darren rolling their eyes, "He's on the make Lexa jealous train. Ooh, this Spider stuff is gonna make him crazy."

"Not my problem."

——

"SPIDER STOP YOU'RE ALL SWEATY!" Lexa smacked the boys arm, trying to swat him away from her as he and Malakai walked by — they were fresh from training.

"Can't thank a guy for making sure you got home safe?" Spider teased till he got a half hug from the girl, but she simply rolled her eyes, "Yes, thank you for doing the bare minimum."

She spun around, "I have to get to class, stop getting your sweat on me."

"That's alright," Spencer threw his arms up in defence, though it turned to him flexing, "Malakai and I are gonna hit the weights."

"Whatever," She replied, heading off in the opposite direction. Spider had tried to lead him and Malakai to the gym, though Malakai had other plans, "I'll meet you there, yeah?"

And so, Spider watched him head toward Lexa.

"How'd you actually pull up after the party?" Malakai grinned, catching back up to Lexa, "If you're gonna get sweat on me, I'm not answering you."

"Hey, hey, I value personal space too," He replied, Lexa allowing him a gracious response, "I woke up and my heart was literally pulsating like it was going to explode."

"Might've been the tequila," He laughed, "... Hey, I was uh, I was wondering-"

"Oh shit!" Lexa immediately cut you off, "How'd it go with Amerie? I sent you two off didn't I?"