ONE, one

THE FESTIVAL

THE FESTIVAL

"HEY, DIDN'T KNOW YOU BITCHES WERE GONNA BE HERE," Spider had appeared from the crowd, holding 3 stacked drinks, another in Lexa's hand. She nudged him, "Play nice."

Amerie slurred her words in the midst, her eyes stuck on the alcohol in Spider's hands, "You got enough there?"

"Yeah, you want one?" He gestured toward her, Harper's face souring within seconds. Lexa had released her crossed arms, letting the cold can melt in her skin, "Harper, they're not roofied."

"Oh, he's absolutely roofied them Lex," Harper insisted with rolling eyes, Spider spitting back, "You wish."

"You're beyond getting on my nerves now," Lexa looked up at the boy throwing her hand in his face as Harper growled back, "I don't trust you, or your haircut."

"Shut it Harper," He scoffed.

Lexa sighed as her attention was crossed by the overly jovial Amerie, "You've been such a dick all day, fucksake Spence. Get a grip."

"Someone's missus is mad," Harper lifted her eyes up devilishly at Spencer, almost seeing him crack a sweat, "Dusty isn't around?"

"What's it to you?" Spider spat back, though Lexa had snapped back into the conversation, "Couldn't come last minute so I got stuck with this lanky dickhead."

It seemed her mild insult had started to pierce through the boy, it becoming more and more apparent it wasn't the first insult they'd traded eachother that day, "At least one of us showed up."

"Not the one I wanted," She abruptly yelled back.

The three's heightened tension was disrupted by Amerie's squeals, "Oh my god! Harps, we're doing it! There's a fortune teller! Lexa come on, come with us!"

Lexa shoved her can into Spider's chest, still annoyed with the boy after their earlier altercation. Spider yelled out as he watched Amerie wrap her hand in Lexa's, "Don't come crawling back over here Lex! I'm not waiting for you!"

Harper had started to wander after her best friend, and newfound closer friend. She halted though as her eyes left Amerie and Lexa, "Hey, cut it out yeah?"

Spider quickly brushed her off with a short laugh, "What?"

"You're totally in love with Lex," Harper confidently answered to Spider, who's face burst into panic, "I don't know how Dusty's never seen it."

"I'm not," He insisted, "Why would you start shit like that? She's Dusty's girlfriend-"

"Lexa's a fucking badass," Harper gulped, as Spider's gaze tightened on her, "And what's that supposed to mean?"

Revelling in the fact that she'd irked him too, Harper divulged, "I always thought you had the hots for Amerie but clearly she's a shield. Stay away from the both of them. They're way too good for you, bro."