ONE, four

"LEXIE! LEXIE IS THAT YOU?" Lexa's father, Marco ran out of their small kitchen the second he'd heard keys drop onto their dining table

"LEXIE! LEXIE IS THAT YOU?" Lexa's father, Marco ran out of their small kitchen the second he'd heard keys drop onto their dining table. Lexa stood against the doorframe, her arms crossed, "Hey."

"I've been calling you, texting you for weeks! I've called everyone. I called your boyfriend, I called Spider!" Marco walked straight to the girl, Lexa allowing him to cup her face, "When I called your principal she-"

"Yeah, no..." Lexa scrunched her face, "That was definitely me showing Woodsy some fake papers and faking a call from mum."

"I mean, I figured two nights ago when I got a cheque from your mum saying she'd been gone for a while and hadn't heard from you since she was selling her place," Marco shook his head, "Tom hasn't said anything abut the night you left, you won't say anything-"

"Firstly, Tom was my half-brother... Chook is the gremlin you allow to have a key to this place," Lexa dramatically halted her father, "Secondly, I don't want to talk about any of it. I'm tired and I wanted to come home. Is that okay with you or not?"

"I can handle the attitude so long as you're back under this roof," Marco pulled her in for a tight hug, Lexa melting into it, "I am sorry, I just don't like to show it."

"Don't worry about it tonight, sweetheart," He answered, Lexa scrunching her face, "Did ya get a call from Woodsy herself though today?"

"We don't have to talk about it, I don't want to yell and scream at you," Marco said, "I'm ready for that chat when you are."

"When did you take a parenting class?"

"I think you just don't like to listen to me," He let out a short laugh, "Though, I'd just wanna know if those boys treated you right."

"It doesn't make a difference," She shrugged, Marcos pausing her, "It does."

"Minimal on the serious talk for the night, please."

He analysed his daughter, "Look, I was going to go down to the pub but I'd be much happier to eat with you at home."

"Where's Chook?"

Marco sighed, "Comes and goes as he pleases. Stays when he has to be under the radar. Hasn't been around in a while though."

"Look, I promised my friends we'd hang out a bit later, which I swear I'll be home reasonably," Lexa gulped, "But I'd like dinner, dad."

"Good," He nodded, "Then we can chat about reasonable times are and how the Lexa-clock works."