Chapter 36

Another update! ^^ Above is the home that my reader voted for! It's just to help you visualize what it looks like!

~~~

"Sapnap, pass the other side of the fairy lights!"

"Gotcha, princess!"

I caught the other end and tied it down to the last corner before finally hopping down the ladder. Walking over to Sapnap, he had just about finished the hammock. 

"Swings all good?"

"Mhm!"

"About about bedsheets?"

"Mhmmm!!!"

"And the open windows?"

"Mhmmmmmm!!!"

"What about-"

"Relax, princess!" Sapnap laughed and whisked me into a hug, spinning me around. I blushed and wacked him lightly on the back, making him put me down. 

"Remember, this isn't your normal L'Manbrug-"

"L'Manberg," I corrected. 

"Right, L'Manberg jobs. You don't have to be so strict. Especially with me. You know I'm chill," he continued on, kissing me on the cheek sweetly. He grabbed the flower swing that was on the ground and expertly climbed the tree. 

"Holy shit- slow down! You might fall!" 

"Like I said, you worry too much! Relax a little, I'll be fine!"

Sapnap crawled onto the strongest and bulkiest branch there was before wrapping around the thick rope around it. Tightening it, he knotted the rope, knotted it again and then did the same with the other end of the rope. 

"Check if it's even, will you princess?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

I obeyed him and tugged down the uneven higher side, causing him to stumble down a little at the sudden force, nearly making him come crashing down to the earth. "Crap-! You tell me not to fall, but it feels as though you're deliberately trying to make me."

"I hope you fall," I remarked back sarcastically. 

He smirked. "I already did fall in love with you. What more do you want?"

TUG!

"WOAAH! I'M KIDDING, I'M KIDDING!" he screeched and caught his breath when I had pulled down strongly. We worked together to get the swing to a nice and even balance and a good height. 

When we finally finished, Sapnap rested his back against the tree whilst still remaining on the high branch. One leg was upright while the other was bent and leaning over the branch. His hands were on either side of his body, holding onto the branch as support to prevent him from falling forwards.

"Take a test seat, will you love?" he spoke softly.

I blushed softly at the new nickname and did so. My hands gripped on the ropes, the decorative pink flowers slightly brushing against my hands. It was stable and nice. I tested out a few swings and everything seemed fine. 

"It's good. Does... does that mean we're finished now? Our secondary home?" I asked, a content feeling spreading throughout my body. He smiled. 

"Sure does."

A small silence passed by as we both took in the information. I stole a glance at him, and he similarly had the same thoughts, making us lock into eye contact.

None of us looked away. A breeze blew past, making some of the old leaves fall from the tree. Eyes full of love, alone, and finally peace.

He held a soft gaze in his eyes, the moonlight reflecting in them and giving it beautiful white shimmers as highlights.