Chapter 7

When nightfall came, Tommy couldn't sleep. Something seemed off, something with Tubbo. He had thought that the ice-creams had been enough, but he couldn't stop worrying. Eventually, he got up.

It was around 10pm, but he still wanted to check up on Tubbo. There was just a feeling in his heart that kept telling him something was wrong. He got dressed in his usual red and white shirt, jeans, trainers and a black leather jacket.

Tommy glanced at his sword, deciding whether to take it or not. He decided to take it in case. Climbing out of the window, he got onto his roof and expertly jumped down onto the soft grass. 

Walking over to Tubbo's house, every step made him worry more and more until he broke into a full sprint (Which is pretty fast). He ran over to Tubbo's front door, knocking eagerly on it. 

No reply.

He knocked again, louder.

No reply. 

He knocked again, practically banging on the door desperately. "Tubbo! TUBBO!" he screamed, heart pounding. When no reply came again, Tommy decided to climb up his house and get inside. 

He climbed up the rooftop, expertly finding ways to climb the house until he made it to Tubbo's large window. Sliding it open, he slipped inside and looked around wildly. No Tubbo.

No Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo no Tubbo.

No Tubbo.

He searched the whole house frantically, calling out his name. When there was no answer once again, he ran out and started running all over the place, calling for his missing best friend-

"..Tommy?"

Tommy spun around upon hearing his name, seeing (Y/n). She was in a black crop top, her hair neatly loose, ripped jeans and a unzipped brown jacket with fluff around the corners. A belt was around her waist, a sword attached to the side of it in a sheath.

  "..What's going on with you?! You're gonna wake up the neighbourhood," she grumbled tiredly, rubbing her (e/c) eyes.

Tommy tried to sound bold, but his voice ended up breaking. "Tubbo, I... I-I can't find h-him!" he cracked out, tears visibly threatening to fall. (Y/n)'s face instantly fell. "He's not.. in his room?" she asked, raising a brow.

The blonde shook his head, internally screaming. "Come on, maybe-" "T-Tommy..."

Tommy froze, hearing his friends voice in his earpiece. "Big man? Tubbo?! Where are you, are you okay?!" he cried out worryingly, connecting his earpiece. (Y/n) closed her mouth, listening.

"HA! Calling TOMMY for help out of all things? You're so pathetic, so WEAK!" he heard a familiar voice laugh in the background. "Is that Sapnap?!" Tommy nearly screamed, rage and fear boiling up in him. 

(Y/n)'s face fell even more as soon as she heard the hostage's name, eyebrows furrowing together. He instantly took off to Sapnap's cell, (Y/n) following close behind. However, Tommy was faster and ran faster than he ever had in his whole life.

"Tubbo, I'm coming! Stay strong, Big man!"

Tommy didn't have many weaknesses, only one.

And that was Tubbo.

He heard Sapnap whisper a few more words to his best friend, anger raging throughout him. "S-Shut up! Shut UP!" Tubbo screamed. Tommy's heart dropped, hearing his best friend so broken

"Tubbo! Tubbo, hold on, I'm almost there!" he cried out, running up the stairs and taking out his sword. "One day, calling for precious Tommy won't be any use anymore, Tubbo. You and I both know that," Sapnap laughed.

By now, Tommy was right outside the door, shoving the guards roughly out of his way. They fell to the ground, shocked.

"T-TOMMY!"

He swung open the door, rage burning in his eyes. Tubbo was lying on the floor, hands covering his ears and crying. Sapnap was still behind the bars, smirking. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Tommy screamed, instantly running towards Tubbo.

He hugged him as tightly as he could, angry tears threatening to fall as he felt the Tubbo's tears fall on his shirt. "YOU BASTARD, YOU IDIOT! I'LL MAKE YOU FUCKING PAY FOR THIS, IT WILL BE THE END OF YOU, I'M GOING TO FUCKING MURDER YOU!" he screamed.

Sapnap only laughed in return, amusement on his face.

"Tommy! Tubbo!" a small voice cried out, footsteps pounding up the stairs.

Sapnap turned towards the door, smirking.

That smirk went away as soon as he saw (Y/n).

There she was, a sword tightly gripped in her hand, concern and anger in her eyes. "What the fuck happened?!" she growled, running towards Tubbo and hugging him as well. Sapnap's face fell, horror and realisation dawning on his face.

"(Y-Y/n), it's n-not-" "SHUT UP! You absolute idiot! I never want to speak to you again, I can't believe this! Why would you even do this?!" she cried out, tears on the brim of her eyes. Sapnap spluttered, stammering and trying to find the right words to say.

Tommy picked up Tubbo, carrying the snivelling boy in his arms. "(Y/n), please-" "I don't want to hear it! I don't want to hear any of your bullshit! I thought that you- you would've at least changed, even if it was by a little! And pushing Tubbo over the edge was just too far!"

(Y/n) was blinking back tears, gritting her teeth. She walked down the stairs again. "Get Thunder. He'll be guarding for the night," she growled to the guards outside, her voice dangerously low. They nodded, not wanting to get on her bad side.

Tommy was mumbling reassurances to Tubbo, hugging him to his chest. Tubbo was weeping his his arms as the blonde carried him to his house. "What did he tell you?" Tommy growled lowly.

The smaller snivelled again, shaking as he let his corrupted thoughts devour him.

Why can't I just be the Big man Tommy always says I am?

~~~

Sapnap stood there in his cell, on his bed and hugging his knees. He messed up, he messed up bad time. He didn't think he'd get this far, but he just wanted to feel superior. So he took it out on Tubbo, the most vulnerable one.

He did feel more powerful, but as soon as (Y/n) saw, he realised how much he messed up. She was basically the only reason that he was alive and breathing right now in this cell. He hugged his knees more tightly, suddenly scared.

What if she stopped helping him? What if she refused to heal him, or ordered the guards to beat him up? Or get hanged? Or executed? Or worse...

What if she stopped talking to him in general?

For some reason, that felt the worst of all. Having no one to talk to, or to laugh with. Even if she was the enemy, he couldn't help but feel that she was the new puzzle piece he had to find a way to fit into his jigsaw.

Or maybe he was just getting a soft spot? For an enemy? No, there was no way. He was just grateful that she... pitied him.

Pity.

Was it really all just out of pity? 

For some unknown reason, his heart sunk at the word. She just pitied him. She didn't care.
Did she?

No, impossible. (Y/n) most definitely hates his guts now. Why was he even worrying about whether she cared or pitied him?!

But he couldn't stop the rising heartache pounding in his chest as he curled up on his messy bed.

What was she doing to him?

~~~

Sorry about the short chapter today, guys! There will be more longer chapters in the future, alright?

Alright!