Twenty six

13th

Before I met Milo no one knew my favourite colour, no one knew my favourite movie. My hobbies and what I liked, that I'm secretly a nerd and deep deep down I'm actually an okay kind of person. It's just that my dad made sure that part of me stayed deep down.

But with Milo- and the others, I feel like for the first time someone actually sees me for me. And I like that, I've never felt that, I've never even had friends. Now I have great friends who yeah sometimes piss me off, but they're great, and on top of that a boyfriend.

I head downstairs and see my mum, "where is dad?" I question, trying to keep my voice void of emotions. I'm still annoyed at her, our relationship isn't like what it once was. She's gone cold and, well I found out that you don't have to love a parent just because they're your parent. It's not a requirement just because you're related to them.

Milo taught me that.

My mother glances towards me before going back to whatever it is that she was doing, "busy" she says and I wait. For more. But more doesn't come so I roll my eyes and leave.

I hop into Milo's car and we head to college, I put my head on the cold glass and think about what my mother had said. 'I can't help but think you two are similar, you and your father.'

What did she mean by that?

She told me the story of my father, and how he dated his friend. Which I'm still shocked at, I told Milo this and he scoffed, "what a fucking hyprocrite" it's safe to say that Milo hates him, which is fair enough after everything.

I glance at him from where I'm resting and watch him drive, then I think back to my mother. Does she know I'm gay? That I have a boyfriend? That's the only reason why she would say I am like my father, especially after telling me how he had dated a boy before her. And they were all friends.

The boy.

John.

I had told Hadrian about that, what I have found out about this John guy who said he will help him. Which isn't a lot, I just said how he used to date my father "no fucking way" Hadrian laughed and people turned around to stare as he fell to the ground. "I wouldn't think that of him, being gay. John not your dad I mean, your dad is in a glass closet" he laughed some more.

I didn't relaise but I've been staring at Milo this whole time, he glances at me and smiles. "What?" He questions and I shake my head tiredly at him, I didn't sleep last night. Worried about what my mother had meant.

He laughs and looks at the mirror before his eyes land on me again, "what you staring at? Find me too pretty not to?" He grins and I roll my eyes with a little smile.

"No, i find my reflection in your eyes too pretty" he playfully rolls his eyes and pulls up into the car parking lot at college.

He unclicks his seatbelt and then my own and I sit up in my seat, turning myself to look at him I see him smile. "Want to do something tomorrow?" I smile and nod, agreeing because I like spending my time with him. Better than being at home.

"Good" he says with a sweet smile, then he leans in and I close my eyes. He kisses me and I put my hand on his chest, curling my fingers in his shirt and pulling him closer. We part and smile, "good" I reply and then we leave to go to our classes.

*****

It's soon lunch and I sit next to Emmy, he invited me around his house the other day and I went. It was quite nice, bigger than I thought it'd be and just like Milo's it was warm and cozy. I've been round the others houses but for some reason not Emmy's, maybe because when we first met I wasn't so thrilled about him.