22

Trees..

Lights... dancing in the air.

Under the tree, cradled in its roots, there is someone lying.

Another one stood beside it, a dark cloak covered its whole body and head.

"Find them." A voice echoed.

"Find them."

A forest.

A cave?

A waterfalls. I know that place. It was near where the cabin where we met to plan against father and the council.

"Find them."

The person in dark cloak turned around, his face covered in golden mask.

"Find us." He whispered.

...

My eyes shot open. Did I fell asleep?

"Hey. you awake?"

"Uh... yes." I answered sitting up, just noticing that it was Ajax. And Lucy is sleeping on another sofa her hand is clinging on him, who is sitting on a chair he probably moved so it is near her.

"You fell asleep."

"I did." That is still baffling. "She also did."

"She went to sleep just a few minutes after you. It might be exhausting to suddenly use her powers."

Right. She teleported us down here.

"You? did you rest?"

"Well..." He motioned towards her hand. "I don't need sleep, I suppose."

Wait. Do vampires sleep?

"hey, you were mumbling something while you were sleeping."

Mumbling? Right. "I think I saw another vision." But visions led us to nothing good so far.

"And? Finish your sentence."

"Maybe we should not follow these visions."

He furrowed his brows. "Do you have any other leads?"

"No." Dela said nothing about other guardians but that dream... vision, seems to point me somewhere.

"We can try to look for other guardians if that is still what we want?"

I sighed. "I'll check this lead first." Although I don't want to leave her here.

"Do you want me to check it instead?"

"No. It was my dream, I should look. You will protect her, won't you?"

"I will never leave her side. I promise you that."

I don't have any other choice. There is no one I am left to trust. I stood up and knelt beside her, caressing her hair. She moved towards my hand a little.

"Take care of her, okay? or I will kill you."

He scoffed. "I know. I will do protect her with my life."

I don't want to disturb her sleep so I quietly left the room. Ajax told me beforehand that he casted a spell on Sicilia, but I will be able to sense it because of my connection to her. As I stepped out the gate, the palace vanished from sight but I can still pinpoint where she is. I just hope that this is not another failed vision.

I started to run heading for the direction of my vision....

The sun is up when I reached the place. The continues rush of water drowns any noise. I looked at it. There is supposed to be a cave. I adjusted my eyesight and between the water drops, I can see an opening, a cave. I reached my hand towards the water and made a hole made of ice. There is a cave. Why are the lairs always in a cave? Sicilia is the only thing I know that is on open grounds.

I stepped inside, unfreezing the ice.

The cave is going deeper and deeper until the light from the opening is barely visible. But in the dark, something... moved. some things. My hand reached for it and then.

*Blink*

A light. blinking. As if a small star lit up. What is it? But it moves, it is movingaround? as if disturbed, in panic?

Wait. It is moving deeper to the cave.

"Wait." I chased after it. I almost tripped when a... vine? vines? roots? branches? what is.... The light went inside a hole and there is light from the other side. I tore through the vines and light came through. It was not starlight. They were...

"Fairies."

Everyone seemed to stop when I uttered the word. If I look carefully, I can see the fairies. They scramble around, a horde of them flies in a pile as if in formation. They form a barrier? A wall.

Something just appeared from behind. Raspy sounds, high pitched squeal.I turned around, and spears pointed at me. Holding them are hideous creatures. Small, dark skinned creatures, almost resembling dwarves but they are not. Fairies and... goblins.

"Intruder. Intruder" Their high pitch coarsed voice repeated.

"Intruder. Intruder."

There are more goblins appearing out of nowhere. I thought they don't appear together. Goblins are supposed to be the opposites of the fairies. Why are they here?

"I am a guardian." I introduced hands are up visible to them, trying to let them know I mean no harm. Do I? As long as they don't attack, I won't. I still don't know why I am here.

"Guardian? Guardian." Even the fairies chanted.

"Yes, I am... guardian of the werewolves."

Several gasp and more panic. What? I did not do anything. They seem to be readying to attack. I haven't met them before, have I? I did not do anything with them, right? Aren't guardians... Not all guardians are in harmony. Dela might be right, maybe visiting another kind is not a good idea.

"I'm not here to hurt anyone. I come in peace." I think. I don't know what to think anymore.

"Guardian?" A new voice asked, appearing from the crowd. It is a taller goblin, and he has a mask although it is not golden. It sniffs around. And I did not move. Maybe it is to identify if I am friendly. Like what wolves does.

"Yes, I am."

"Guardian is here. He is here. Make way." He waved his hand, and the fairies and the other goblins made a path. Strange but... I'll trust it for now.

"Master awaits you."

"Master? Who is..?" I couldn't even finish as he repeatedly chanted.

"Master wait for wolf guardian. Master said you will not come. But Alos knows you will. Alos is right." I suppose Alos is his name as he repeatedly pointed at himself whenever he says it.

"Master! Master!" He started running entering a set of vines like curtain, excitedly. "Master, wolf guardian is here. Alos is right."

There was no answer but I can sense another presence there.

"Oh. I'm sorry master, Alos was too loud. Oh the guardian," he went back for me, "Come in. come in."

I did. The room is bright, not matching a goblin's presence but fairies and goblins together are already strange. There are flowers hanging from the walls. And at the other side of the room is a man in dark green cloak.

"Master. The guardian is here."

He put down what appears to be a flask and turned towards me.

A golden mask covers his face. He stares at me, I can see fear crossed her eyes but it was changed into... anger... hatred? A dark aura emits from him, the room turned dark and the glow of the flowers slowly disappeared as everything turns to black and white with only her golden mask different.

"You." His voice is deep and echoing. "you need to... help us."

"What?"