24

I walked confused. I think I'm still heading back to Sicilia but my will is breaking in every step. They did not want to be a guardian, but they had to bear with it because of that curse. The curse she bestowed upon them. Why? I don't know. I don't think I want to know. Maybe it is about something I couldn't comprehend. Am I wrong on trusting her? But... this heart.. do I really love her? I don't know. I don't know.

It is already night. I looked up ahead, I think it is near. Instead of an invisible palace, It is very visible with vines wrapping around it.

Lucy.

I want to run, I think I should. But I couldn't. Why... why can't I...? Should I? I don't believe them, right? I should... Right. I should.

"Hey." Ajax jumped in front of me. "She's here." In his arms is her clinging on him.

"Lucy." I subconsciously called. out of habit. She turned to me. She looks so innocent, but is she? She's not playing me, right? It's all real, right? This love, it is real, right?

"Give her to me." I said but disheartened as I walked towards them.

But he stepped back, shaking his head. "You, too." He said knowingly. What does he mean? He smiled but there's something... "You... believe them." Does he... know? Does he know about the curse? About the truth? Am I the only one in the dark?

"You knew." I couldn't believe this. He is lying. He wants to cover for her. They are using me?

"You are shameful. I thought you love her. I thought I can trust you with her. But no."

"Why didn't you tell me?!" my voice boomed and she flinched. A sudden wave of concern tries to fight of my anger, but no. Not right now.

"I did not tell you to do anything. I believed that you love her. No. You don't. They tell you one thing and you believe them."

Am I... Is this my fault? But... "They were telling the truth, weren't they?"

He shook his head. "Doesn't matter. You betray her. I will do this myself then. Stay out of it."

From the shadows, appear monsters. Lycans. Wait, did he?

"Bravo." Dela... no.. Elena came out with the Lycans. "So you saw my sister. You know what she can do." She turned to Ajax, no, to Lucy. "You now know, that she deserves this. Honor your promise, Ajax." She handed out a stone. The moonstone. But it was gone.

"It was difficult to repair it, needed some blood from the villagers. But it will work now."The villagers? The attack. Was it all orchestrated? She... she was here to make sure the moonstone will grow.

"No."

"No? I thought you don't like her now? Don't you hate her?" She pat Lucy's hair.

"Don't touch her."

She giggled. "Such an undecided spirit."

"Enough of this." Ajax said. "Take care of him. Make sure he won't stop this."

"Understood." Elena grinned.

He turned his back on us, Lucy peeks on his shoulder.

"No. Why... I have to... Lucy...." My heart thumps and thumps. "Lucy." I called out. But this time she looked away. No. "Lucy!"

Ajax and her vanished in the shadows.

"No!"

I was about to follow them but the Lycans blocked my path. I have to save her. I can't let her be encased in that tree again. Alone. Afraid. Asking for help. I have to save her.