Chapter 10: Conversations and Forgiveness

Artemis: What the fuck?!

Admittingly, it could've been worse. Gaea, or Mary Fitzpatrick/Parker, just woke up to see a darker spot on part of the bed that she was sleeping on. Apparently, she had "let herself go". Artemis was rather stunned by this, not expecting Mother Nature herself to do such a thing, since she's not known for being more prone to sexual activities, and hasn't been doing so since she had given birth to Thor, when she was in her Norse/Asgardian form "Jord". Well, that no longer seems to be the case since she had given birth to her first Demi-Elder God children, Peter and Teresa Parker, when she was with Richard Parker before his death during the plane crash.

Artemis: Never thought that you would have a wet dream.

Gaea rolled her eyes in annoyance at the irony. Oh she knows that Artemis had a little secret.

Gaea: Now look who's talking.

Artemis had a priceless look on her face as she sputtered, although she was unable to let a word out of her mouth.

Gaea: Shut up! Shut up!

Artemis immediately shut her mouth as she closed the door behind her.

Gaea: Don't act like I don't know about YOU having a little "fascination" in Spider-Man.

Artemis: You looked in my mind, didn't you?

Gaea gave Artemis a "No Shit" look.

Gaea: No shit. So anyways, I'll do what mortals usually do as cover and go on patrol. I recommend that we keep this little "event" to ourselves, got it?

Artemis nodded her head and rubbed her right arm sheepishly.

Artemis: Yes, my lady.

Gaea nodded in satisfaction as Artemis walked out with awkwardness after what she had heard from Gaea. She then does what any mortal would do when they wake up in the morning. Breakfast, brushing teeth, deodorant, washing her face, and getting her morning clothes on. The same goes for her outfit. After she got done doing just that, Mary Fitzpatrick accidentally bumped into The Star Spangled Man With A Plan.

Captain America, aka Steve Rogers.

Steve: Oh, sorry about that, Mary.

Mary Fitzpatrick: It's fine, Cap. You didn't mean to.

As both Mary and Steve looked at each other for a moment, Steve then asked her.

Steve: So, what do you want?

Mary: I just want to say thank you for being a father figure to Peter.

Steve nodded a bit.

Steve: I did what I had to.

Mary then raises her eyebrows in curiosity.

Mary: So how did you and Peter first meet?

Steve smiled a bit, still remembering that memory too well.

Steve: It started when Peter was in his early years as Spider-Man.