Chapter 18: A Mother's Memory Part 2

After she had finished enjoying her food, she went back to New York City. While higher beings don't sleep, she had to, since it's night time, and she doesn't really want her true identity revealed. Again, Cap let her make a decision on whether she'll reveal her identity to the others or not. She then heads towards an all too familiar house. It's familiar, but it has made some updates over the years since she last visited here.

Aunt May's House.

It baffled her that it was still standing

It baffled her that it was still standing. Not only that, but it had renovations. Gaea, nonetheless, went to the door as she knocked on it. After a short moment of waiting, the door opens, revealing a tired Mary Jane in her nightgown. Said redhead rubbed her right eye as she let out a tired yawn.

After that, she got a clear look at her Mother-In-Law and blinked in surprise.

MJ: Gaea?! What're you doing here?

Good thing for MJ that she had given up on being a supermodel. To be honest, Gaea suspected that MJ must've read some of those shitty cosmo magazines. She wondered if this was why some of Peters' relationships with other women didn't work. But she decided to remove those thoughts. That's all in the past.

Gaea then spoke to her Daughter-In-Law.

Gaea: I've come to see my grandchildren. Please, I want them to know about their grandmother.

Gaea felt relief as MJ agreed to let her see her grandchildren.

MJ: Alright, I'll let you. But don't tell them about the more "complicated" stuff in your life. Until they're old enough.

Gaea nodded at the redhead, agreeing to her words. MJ then let her Mother-In-Law inside the house. Gaea felt a whiff of nostalgia as memories of this very house come to her mind. Oh, she remembered all of it. The laughs, the fun, the bonding, the talks, etc. It felt like it was yesterday to Gaea.

MJ notices the look on Gaeas' face. She suspected that her Mother-In-Law was going through memory lane. Then again, she remembered when May had told her and Peter about the good times she and Ben had with Richard and Mary. Upon recalling that time, MJ couldn't help but wonder if the deceased May Reilly/Parker knew about "Mary Fitzpatrick" being the Elder Goddess of Earth this entire time. It wouldn't surprise her.

MJ: Even in death, you still have a way of surprising us. Don't you, Aunt May?

Gaea heard her Daughter-In-Law's thoughts, but chose to say nothing. But, she agreed with MJ nonetheless. May does have a way of surprising others. Gaea recalled the seemingly countless times that May surprised her. Honestly, Gaea remembered plenty of times that May can be dramatic at times.

In a friendly way, of course.

Just as much as she can be terrifying when she's mad.

Gaea shuddered, recalling the times that even she was scared at the sight of an angry Aunt May.