Chapter 24: Blood Red

When the Thunderbird disappears, the sound of Thunder and Lightning dies down.

Only silence reigns.

But the impact and reaction of the Thunderbirds' appearance would spread like wildfire.

The revelation of the Thunderbirds' existence was many things.

Awestruck.

Mesmerizing.

Terrifying.

Beautiful.

Scary.

Which is why she hasn't watched the news since then.

She recalled an Algonquin shaman telling her and her husband about the Thunderbird.

She was unsure about it.

But its revelation made her reconsider.

But then she heard a knock on the door.

MJs' eyes narrowed at the door. Even though her spider senses aren't going off, she's still cautious. Since she learned that some people are undetectable from the spider senses.

MJ: Kids. Go to your room. Mommy's gonna see who's at the door.

Richie: Who's at the door?

MJ: I don't know. Get in your room.

The 4 children of Peter and MJ then raced back to their shared room. Their hearts start to beat. Evident that they're scared. And they have every right to be. Once they went to they're shared room, the children hugged each other in fear as they shook their bodies in a fearful manner.

MJ walked to the door with caution. She then quietly jumped to the upper wall, thanks to the dense clusters of microscopic hairs on her fingertips known as "scopulae". She then grabs the doorknob and immediately opens it. And who MJ saw, she never thought she would see again.

It was an all too familiar serial killer.

Worse than the Green Goblin.

Cletus Cortland Kasady.

Carnage.

With a sickly and cruel smile on his face, he expected to see MJ in front of him and easily kill her right then and there. But then a disappointed frown formed. And then, all of a sudden.

WHAM!

A kick to the face sent him flying.

Cletus growled in pain as he got up. He then sees MJ in her Spinneret outfit. And man is she pissed off.

And she's not the only one.

Cletus: No! No! No! You were supposed to die when you opened the door!

Cletus then shifts into Carnage.

MJ then said sarcastically as her muscles tensed, ready for her fight with Carnage.

MJ: Sorry to ruin your fun, Carnage.

Both Spinneret and Carnage get into fighting positions.

Carnage was the first to make his move, with his hands shifting into scythes. MJs' eyes widened, but reacted in time to dodge each swing. Feeling the blow of air of each missed swing after swing. In one of the missed swings of Carnages' symbiotic scythes, MJ sees an opening and makes a vicious punch to Carnages' face. The impact was intense enough for Carnage to be sent flying.

Carnage was sent rolling amongst the road. Carnage got up as he snarled. He then charged at Spinneret, who didn't have time to react, as the extremely sadistic red Klyntar tackled her. With a burst of speed, Carnage continued to tackle her through wall after wall. Concrete spread upon impact, broken into chunks.