Chapter 28: An Old Friend Made A "Furious" Return

Learning Old Norse wasn't as easy as they thought it would. But, with Gaeas' help, they succeeded in doing so. Since it's Sunday, the kids are just taking a break from the work they did yesterday. Things are still the same, just quiet. It made Gaea wonder if she should be either uneasy or just relaxed.

Even though her son, Peter Parker, is still recovering from his "incident" with Otto Octavius, things have been out of hand. The many Superhero groups, like the Avengers, X-Men, etc, helped out with dealing with the villains in New York City, with really good progress being made. Some of Peters' rogues are more formidable than others. But let's just face it, Avengers and X-Men had to deal with things, and individuals, worse than that. It made Gaea grimace as there is one in her mind.

Gorr.

The God Butcher.

Gaea: At least he's dead. Or things would've been worse.

Gaea remembered the time that Thor, in his youth, was imprisoned by Gorr. When thinking back to that time, she wondered why she didn't help. But then it clicked in her mind. She remembered one specific individual. And that individual happened to be a certain "one-eyed raven god".

Gaea: Oh yeah, Odin. Damn one-eyed raven bastard forbade me from seeing Thor the moment my little Thunder was weaned from feeding on my breast milk. Good thing that no longer matters, since I can visit him anytime.

Ever since she reunited with Thor in the Andes Mountains, she felt nothing but happiness and pride for Thor. For the Thunder God that he became. And also sadness for her little Thunder, for all that he lost due to Ragnarok, a cycle she's glad that it came to an end. Honestly, she's starting to wonder if she's being vain about her pride for her children. But then something unexpected happened.

Gaea heard a door knock.

This caused her protective instincts to kick in.

Gaea: Kids, go to your room. Let Grandma deal with this.

Gaeas' grandchildren nodded as they immediately retreated to their room. The door continued to be knocked from the outside. Gaea, pretending to be a cautious mortal, slowly opened the door. When the door opened, Gaeas' eyes widened. It was an individual she had not seen for awhile.

Gaea: Nick Fury?!

Gaea was confused by this.

Nick Fury.

A man she hadn't seen in a long time.

Gaea: That bastard's still living. You always were skilled in survival.

And indeed it is one of her old friends. But he's older than the last time she saw him. There's no longer any hair on his head, except for the eyebrows. His eye patch no longer had the black color, but it is in metallic gray color instead. Gaea can tell that Nick Fury still has his fighting spirit. Then again, Nick Fury always was the stubborn and cryptic one.

 Then again, Nick Fury always was the stubborn and cryptic one