Chapter 9 - Let's get this fight started

D

I get ready for the party in my room. There are four bedrooms upstairs. I have the one with the en suite. According to my father, it's a status symbol that will make others respect me more. I huff at the memory of him barging into the house as we were getting settled. He barked a few orders and made sure everything was up to his standards before he left as abruptly as he came.

I hold no illusions that he came for my sake. He came to protect the family name, to make sure I wasn't embarrassing him.

I towel my hair dry and style it with a bit more care than usual.

Downstairs they're testing out the sound system. Knightley and Noah get pumped up with the same couple of songs every weekend. I take my time, knowing that they'll turn the volume to something less likely to cause my ears to bleed as soon as they're done.

We're not one of the big party houses, but this year, Noah and Knightley want to change that. As far as I can tell, it's working. Probably because they buy the good alcohol and our house is big enough to have the party spread out over a few different rooms.

I hear loud screaming as a few sorority girls show up and sigh. Julian will be down there already. I ignore the slight nausea and flutters in my stomach. He's been excited since his date last night with Jenna and practically bouncing around the place. He asked her to be his girlfriend, and she said yes. Tonight they will be announcing it to the world.

I'm still not sure about her, though. She's too laid back, too distant. I have not once seen her reach for his hand or initiate any sort of physical contact. Not that I'm expecting her to jump him in the living room, but surely a girl in love would do something?

"D, what's with the outfit?" Knightley asks as I come downstairs.

I look down. I'm wearing black jeans and a black shirt. "What?" I ask.

Knightley shakes his head. "Nah, you look good. Are you trying to impress someone?"

I roll my eyes and walk past him into the kitchen to get a drink. People have already started arriving and I spot Julian leaning against the wall in a way that does not look casual as he's straining his neck to keep the front door in his view.

The music is at a tolerable level, and I open a bottle of beer and take a drink. As much as I was shaking my head at Julian, I check the newcomers every time the door opens.

The house is already full of people when they arrive. I know, because Julian bounces off to greet them immediately. I take my time and slowly move so I can see them.

Jenna is looking sweet as ever in a large white knitted jumper. But my eyes pass her by almost immediately. Ellie is in a tight black dress with straps and holes. It ends mid-thigh and I wonder what it would be like to run my hand up under her dress. My cock twitches and I force my eyes up from her bare legs. Her dark hair is hanging loose around her shoulders and I want to gather it up and hold it in one hand as I look down at her mouth around my cock.

Fuck. I'm making myself hard. I shift and walk away before my eyes find her mouth.

My stomach twirls. I take another sip of beer and wonder if I'm coming down with something. Maybe I've caught a stomach bug.

I move into the game room and take one of the armchairs. There's only a few people here and I place the cool bottle against my forehead.

"Do you want to sit?"

Julian is coming into the room. I shift, trying to ease the discomfort in my pants as Ellie and Jenna follow him.

Jenna sits on the couch and Ellie hesitates a bit before sitting next to her.