Chapter 22 - The games we play

D

When Ellie walks into the kitchen this morning wearing my shirt, I almost choke on my toast. Her hair is wild and her make-up gone and she looks adorable.

She hasn't been feeling well though. Much better than I had feared. But she is still pale and only eats a piece of toast before Julian drives them home so they can get more sleep.

I did, however, find out that they are headed to the hockey game tonight.

I've never seen them at a game before, and I don't know if Ellie even likes hockey. I try to go to as many of the home games as possible. There was a time when I thought I would be on the team. I still practice with them from time to time, but with working for my father and keeping my grades up, there isn't enough time to play seriously.

For a long time, I contemplated going professional, but I think my dad would have stopped paying for my school, and life, if I had shown any sort of inkling that I wasn't one hundred percent committed to the path he has chosen for me.

In the end, it doesn't bother me too much to watch from the sidelines. I see how much effort and passion those guys put into the game, and I realize I wouldn't have hacked it.

I'm not sure why Ellie decided to go tonight. I think some of the hockey guys invited her. That doesn't sit right with me. But she asked Jenna, and Jenna asked Julian and suddenly everyone was going together.

We meet the girls outside the arena.

"How are you feeling?" Julian asks and grins at Ellie.

"Much better now," she says, and she looks it. She's regained her normal color and looks rested. "I hope I wasn't too much of a bother."

"Nah." Julian shakes his head, but she's looking at me. "I got to have breakfast with Jenna, so I don't mind. Although I did also have to share a bed with D."

"At least I didn't sleep naked," I say.

"And for that, I'm grateful." Julian leads us inside and I hang back with Ellie.

"Was I horrible?" she asks quietly.

"No, just chatty."

"Oh god, what did I say?"

I smile at her. "That you're bad at coming up with nicknames. Babe."

She blushes and looks relieved at the same time. "Oh."

"Don't worry, I couldn't sleep because Julian snores, so I had time to come up with a few."

"You came up with nicknames for me?"

"No, I'm calling you babe. I came up with nicknames you can call me."

"Really? Like what?"

"You could call me Sexgod."

"Right." She wrinkles her nose. "Yes, that is an option."

"Or Loverman?"

"Also a good option."

"I know. I'm so good at this." I smile.

"What else?"

We're walking slowly behind the others to get to our seats, and I want the walk to last forever.

"How about Stallion? Stud Muffin? Master?"

"Master?" She raises an eyebrow.

I shrug. "I could whip out the handcuffs and make you call me Sir."

She stops us just out of sight and grabs my shirt collar as she comes in close. "You want me to call you Sir, Sir?" Her voice is soft and alluring and makes my cock go hard against my pants.