Chapter 31 - A special gift ❤️

❤️Adult content❤️

Ellie

"Thanks for letting me finish last night," D whispers in my ear and I heat all over.

"What?"

We're alone in the kitchen. Apparently, George, Patrick and Charlie went out early to the driving range and Ava is still sleeping off too much wine.

"When you rode me," he says, as if his words aren't some of the filthiest talk I've ever heard in a kitchen. "You came first and then you let me finish while you were on top of me."

My face is on fire. "You're welcome?"

He grins.

I smack his arm. "You're such a tease."

"I love it when you get all embarrassed."

I shake my head and put some bacon on my plate. George's housekeeper has prepared all sorts of food for us.

"Juice," he asks and I nod. He fills two glasses and puts one in front of me. Then he rounds the counter to get a plate for himself. As he passes the fridge, he takes out a yogurt. He barely looks at me as he places it in front of me and opens a drawer to grab a spoon.

I stare at the yogurt. He fills his plate with eggs and bacon. He did that so naturally. As if there wasn't a question in his mind that I would want a yogurt. It's blueberry.

He takes a forkful of eggs. "What?"

"Nothing." I finish my eggs and bacon and open the yogurt. The radio is on. I think the housekeeper left it playing, and I didn't bother to turn it off. We eat in comfortable silence. Once we finish, I take our plates to rinse them.

A new song starts.

"Recognize this?" D asks.

"Is this..?"

He grabs my hand. "I think it is."

I laugh as he places a hand on my back and pulls me with him. It's one of the songs we listened to in dance class. Rumba. I smile up at him as we move. There is no hesitation anymore. I know him; I know what he wants me to do, where he wants me to move.

He spins me around and we continue dancing with no interruption. We laugh as we try the harder moves and don't botch them completely. I'm so captivated by his eyes, I don't notice we're not alone.

The song ends. Someone applauds and our heads jolt to the door. Ava is standing there, looking fresh and rested with a smile on her lips.

"I didn't know you could dance," she says to D and gives him a hug.

"Good morning," D says, and sounds embarrassed. He's not meeting her eyes.

"It was wonderful. Did your grandmother teach you?"

He casts a quick glance in my direction and shrugs. "I have to go."

I blink after him as his mother turns to me. "You looked very good."

"Thank you."

"It's so good to see him laugh." She walks over to the breakfast bar and places a piece of toast on her plate. "I sometimes worry he's too serious. His father feels it's not appropriate to show emotion, and I'd hate to think Dylan has taken after him in that regard. I love my husband, but he has his flaws."

"He seems like he can express emotion," I say.

"Good. So I take it you know him from more than just the film class?"

She gestures to the seat next to her and I take it.

"Yes, we do." I don't want to reveal more than D would want his mother to know, but he left me here with her.