II

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | A royal meeting

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕷yra smoothed out her light blue gown, making sure that there were no creases and that no one could see the underskirt. Elia was sitting next to the mirror, her head tilted as she watched her mistress get ready for the day. Lyra grabbed a piece of dried meat from the pocket of her breeches, which were, once more, hidden half-under the bed, and threw it in the wolf's general direction. She laughed as Elia jumped into the air to snap it up, before finding her cleaner, grey cloak.

Throwing it over her shoulder, she clasped the two wolves together over the centre of her chest, before opening her door and whistling for her wolf. Elia pattered over, as the door on the opposite side of the corridor opened, and Sansa appeared.

"Are you going to the Wolfs Wood?" Sansa nodded, as her wolf, Lady, appeared beside her. "Let's walk together then."

Sansa hooked an arm through Lyra's, as they continued out into the brisk, Northern air. The aptly named Wolfs Wood was where the wolves were let out to roam. Normally, the wolves stayed with their respective Stark children, but not today. Their mother didn't want to scare the queen.

"Can you believe that the king is coming North?" Sansa unlatched the gate, watching as both Lady and Elia sprinted off into the forest, where they could already hear the sound of the other wolves.

"It's strange," Sansa hummed in agreement as they watched a battalion of guard go past. The king coming North had caused quite a commotion, and every servant, stable boy, guard, maid and cook was busy with preparations for their arrival. "I just can't believe that Jon Arryn died."

"I know," Sansa nodded over at her sister, as they joined Robb in the central courtyard. Robb raised an eyebrow, questioning their conversation.

"We were just saying that it's unbelievable that Jon Arryn is dead," Robb nodded, as the rest of their siblings began to make an appearance.

"I think that the king's going to ask father to be his hand," Robb mused, as Lyra and Sansa hummed. "It seems so strange that he's coming all the way to Winterfell just to see father after all these years. A raven would be quicker if he just wanted to check in."

"It's such a long ride, so it has to be something important," Sansa pointed out. "It would be quicker to send a raven, that's true."

"He'd probably fear that it was too informal," Lyra smiled, as Robb nodded. "Have you ever met the king?"

"Not that I know of," Their parents were coming down the stairs, as fanfare began to sound. The royal party was near. "Maybe when I was a babe, but you'd have to ask mother as I can not remember."