LX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 | The North Remembers

{ Lyra } 

✧✦✧

𝕸ikael ran in front of Lyra, tripping over his own feet as Lyra chuckled. Elia was walking beside him, keeping him standing, so she wasn't fearful that the boy would harm himself.

"Mikael. Not too far." He came to a stop, looking at Lyra over his shoulder and sending her a grin, before turning back and running to her side. "Good boy. We're going to go and see Olenna, remember?"

She doubted that Mikael would, but the boy enjoyed being able to respond to questions, nodding or shaking his head regardless of whether he knew what had happened or not. Lyra leant down and picked the boy up, allowing him to rest on her hips as she took the steps down to Olenna's chambers. 

"My Lady, her Grace Lyra Baratheon," The guard announced, opening the door for Lyra to walk in to.

"Lyra," Olenna swept over, pressing a kiss to Lyra's cheek, "and Mikael. My, he looks more and more like his father each time I see him."

Mikael giggled, burying his head in his mother's neck as Lyra and Olenna cooed over him.

"He does, doesn't he?" Lyra chuckled, before setting the boy down by Elia so the wolf could look after him. "How are you faring? I know it must be hard to see both Loras and Margaery imprisoned."

"It is." Olenna briefly let an expression of pain flash across her face, before masking it swiftly. "But I suppose it is better that Margaery did not have to complete the walk of atonement like your dear mother-by-law."

"Yes. That is good news, though the consequences of that, not so much," Lyra muttered, allowing one of her legs to shift up and under her body in the chair. "I miss Margaery."

"As we all do." Olenna patted her hand, before they both turned to look back at Mikael. The little boy was trying to catch Elia's tail, though the wolf kept moving it from side to side. "Things were a lot simpler when they were all young."

"Aye, they were," Lyra sighed, before turning as another knock sounded at the door.

"Your Grace, my Lady, Margaery Baratheon." Olenna stood as Lyra turned to Elia. The wolf picked up on her distress, turning around to pick Mikael up and carry him back over to his mother. Elia deposited Mikael in his mother's lap, as she fed the wolf a piece of dried meat.

"Good girl," The door opened fully and Margaery appeared, followed by a Septa. Margaery looked far different that Lyra remembered, having been used to seeing her in flowing silk dresses with elegant hairstyles. Now, Margaery was dressed in a plain gown with her hair left loose, and it concerned Lyra.