XXXVII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | Queen of the Seven Kingdoms

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕺nce more, Lyra found herself sitting in a pavilion, overlooking the sea, with Margaery by her side, gasping in incredulity at her story.

"She said that to you?" Margaery nodded, shaking her head in disbelief.

"It was right when you and Joffrey were being given your wedding gifts, and I was up on the parapet instead of on the main floor," Lyra nodded. That had been a few days ago, once all of the commotion of the wedding had calmed down. In all honesty, she had not been focused on Margaery or Cersei, just her husband. "Cersei said that should you die before you had an heir, or something was to happen to both of you, then Tommen would be the king or Joffrey would need to re-marry."

"Yes, I suppose that's true," Lyra mused, her eyes narrowing as she thought on Cersei's words.

"She then went on to say that should Tommen become king, he would need help if he was to rule the country well, and that if Joffrey were to lose you, then he would need someone to make sure that he continued to rule properly." Margaery took a long drink of wine. "She said to talk to my father about getting married to Tommen and she would talk to hers."

Lyra watched the woman in surprise, rubbing her forehead at the woman's words.

"It's like she is trying to get rid of me," Margaery nodded.

"It's probably because you stole the title from her," Lyra hummed in agreement, nibbling on the cake in front of her as they looked out across the port. "How have you been adjusting to that? Being queen?"

"Cersei's developed an even deeper level of hatred for me," Lyra replied. The older lioness was intent on undermining all of her ideas and thoughts during every Small Council meeting that they had, and it was beginning to grate on her nerves. "But, it is lovely that Joff and I can finally spend time together without a chaperone."

"I'll bet,"

"Margaery!" The girls laughed, as Lyra tried her best not to let her blush run all the way over her cheeks. "Gods above. You almost made me choke on my cake."

"Then maybe I would have fulfilled Cersei's thoughts and got rid of you with no heir," Margaery teased, as the pair began to laugh once more. The bells chimed in the city, and Lyra listened before sighing. "Have you got a meeting?"

"Yet another torturous few hours of Cersei trying her best to discredit everything that I say," Lyra stood, smoothing her dress out with a sigh. "Wish me luck."

"I will," Margaery dipped her a curtsy, watching as Lyra swept off in the direction of the Red Keep. Elia appeared from the bushes, trotting along besides Lyra as she huffed and grimaced at the thought of this meeting. She already knew that it was going to give her a migraine.