LXI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 | Disappearing Houses

{ Joffrey }

✧✦✧

𝕵offrey watched his wife, adoration clear in his eyes as she joined him in the ante chamber off of the main throne room.

"You look stunning." He pressed a quick kiss to her lips, rubbing his thumb across her waist as she smiled. "My queen."

"My king." Lyra smiled, before standing on the tops of her toes to straighten his crown. "All ready."

"Thank you," She smiled once more, wrapping her arm through his, as they both masked their faces into one of cool disinterest. There was a loud fanfare, before the doors were opened and Joffrey led Lyra to her throne. He waited for her to sit down, before turning back to the hall and motioning for them to stand.

There were various members of the Faith Militant towards the back of the room, and Joffrey was glad that Mikael was with Arah and Elia instead of with them once more. Tylar came to stand behind the pair on the dais, a hand resting on his sword as Drew chewed his lips nervously.

The hall fell into silence, though it was broken by the creaking of the main doors as Cersei swept into the room, followed by Qyburn and the Mountain. Joffrey kept his face straight, though every muscle in his body tensed up at the sight of her.

"There's to be a royal announcement?" Joffrey stood, stalking down the steps to confront his mother.

"Yes." He crossed his arms, as Cersei watched him before turning to look at Tommen. The younger boy was standing on Lyra's other side, his head tilted to the floor as he refused to look at either of them.

"Why wasn't I informed?" The Mountain stepped forward, placing a hand on his sword, as Tylar's glare darkened. 

"My mistake." Joffrey sneered, his glare growing, before he continued to speak. "There is to be a royal announcement in the throne room at this very moment, happy?"

Cersei ignored Joffrey's snarky tone, before beginning to step up towards the dais. Joffrey stood in front of her once more, his glare dark.

"No."

"I always stand to the side of you." Cersei replied, becoming more aware of the whispers circulating around the hall as she tried to maintain her composure.

"You haven't in a long time. Things have changed whilst you were imprisoned." Joffrey spat, aiming to hurt and provoke the woman as Cersei glared. "Only my most trusted and useful advisors stand with me. Those who are of little help stand in the gallery. Run along."