LXXX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 | The Ashes

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕸ikael's arm around her neck was the only thing that prevented Lyra from rushing back to the city. She watched in horror, standing beside her brother's, as green flames and ash covered Kings Landing like a cloud.

It went silent as everyone waited with baited breaths for the next explosion to happen, but it was further west and away from the main gate now. Lyra took another deep breath, tears already rushing down her cheeks as she hushed her eldest child.

The gate closest to her came crashing down with an awful sound, and Lyra's heart dropped once more as she struggled to breathe. Her husband was in there. He'd still been at the castle, which looked relatively unaffected, and Lyra was hoping and praying that he stayed there. Arah stood behind her, her hand on the queen's shoulders.

When the first explosion had happened, Coren had helped Lyra and Arah onto Falkor's back, along with her children and Arya, and taken them straight out of the city and back to the encampment. Lyra had begged him to turn around and let her go back to her husband, but Coren had refused. Instead, he told her that he'd go and search for Joffrey in the city. Both he and Daenerys had left shortly afterwards.

Robb had an arm on her other shoulder, eyes wide in horror. 

"Joffrey's in there." Lyra muttered, covering Mikael's ears as the explosions finally seemed to end. "And Drew and Tylar. I need to go back."

"Lyra. No."

"Robb, that wasn't a question. My husband is there." 

"We need to wait, just a moment longer. We don't know what's happening." Lyra shook her head vehemently, wiping the tears away from her eyes.

"Mama, where's Da?" Mikael asked, looking up at his mother's damp cheeks. 

"It's alright, Little Lion." Lyra soothed, pressing a kiss to his head. "He's safe."

Turning back to her brother, Lyra sent him a pleading look. Robb shared a glance with Jon, before relenting.

"I'll look after them." Sansa stepped forward, nodding her head. "Go and find him. I'll keep an eye on them."

"Your Grace, my family."

"Go, Arah." The woman handed Tommas and Margaery over to Sansa, before rushing off to the evacuees as Lyra turned to her brothers. "I'm going. I have to."

"Fine." Jon knew that they'd be unable to dissuade her now. Arya looked uncomfortable, but stepped forward either way.

"Hand Mikael to me." Lyra nodded, pressing a kiss to her sister's cheeks as she then kissed her children's head.