LXIX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | Dragon Pits

{ Joffrey }

✧✦✧

𝕯espite having spent most of his life in Kings Landing, Joffrey had never visited the dragon pits. Neither Robert nor Cersei particularly wanted any of their children going near anything that reminded them of the Targaryen dynasty. 

He looked around at the ancient architecture, before looking back down as he felt a hand squeeze his arm. Lyra was watching him with a raised eyebrow, a small smile on her face as Elia padded beside her. 

Tylar and Jaime walked behind them, with Drew listening in to their conversation with wide eyes. Mikael was back at the castle with Arah, who had decided not to come, as Joffrey did not trust Cersei not to bribe the servants and have his son thrown out of a window. 

She had done practically the same with Tommen.

The pits had fallen into dilapidation, not looking nearly as impressive as they once were. Joffrey could practically feel his mother growling as they emerged into the sunlight and made their way up to the seating area. Joffrey's face stayed in its unamused state as he saw the faces of others come into view.

His uncle was looking nervous as he waited by the furthest tent, but a somewhat familiar face appeared from the closest tent. The man's dark curls were pulled back into a bun and Joffrey just about recognized Lyra's brother, Jon, who was starting to smile as they came closer.

"I'll come and join you. I want to say hello to Jon first." Lyra muttered, pressing a kiss to Joffrey's cheek as the man nodded. He bowed his head at Jon, before walking past and to his own seat.

✧✦✧

{ Lyra }

Lyra smiled at Joffrey's back, before turning to Jon and beaming.

"Jon." He didn't say anything, instead pulling her into his arms for a tight hug. She clutched onto his cloak, burying her face into the thick fur as she tried to hold back tears. "I missed you."

Jon pulled away, looking at her with a warm smile.

"You've grown, Lyra. You look like mother now." Jon's Northern accent made Lyra realise just how homesick she had become, or how much she missed her siblings. "I can't believe that you are married, with a son."

"That tends to happen as you grow older." Lyra smiled, before looking at the scars on his face. "Did you get into a fight with a bear?"

"Something like that."